Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 10-01-2013, 11:10 AM

Default PT 10.3.5 Crash, All data lost after bouncing to quicktime.

Here's an interesting one for you all. We've been working on a project for a few days and attempted to bounce to quicktime within PT to show the client our progress. It came up with a few errors to begin with but eventually worked.

When we returned to the session the edit page went black and came up with a strange error message and PT crashed. So i forced quit and restarted my mac. When we went to open the session again the only thing in the session folder was a single back up session. The audio files folder, video files folder, WaveCache and all the other session files had completely gone!! I've been using protools for about 6 years and I've never seen anything like it.

I opened the single back up session but obviously PT couldn't then link back to the audio files because they weren't there so we're having to start again. (We've tried everything and trust me, they're long long gone) Has anyone come across this problem. Pretty sure it must be a 'bounce to quicktime' bug as this machine and version of PT has run seamlessly for a long time over various projects and never let me down. Would be interested to hear if anyone has had something similar.

Will