Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 05-19-2008, 02:52 AM

Default Anyone played with the NIN PT session?

Anyone played with the NIN PT session that used to be available here?

Any thoughts on it?
Old 05-19-2008, 09:36 AM

Default Re: Anyone played with the NIN PT session?

Oh man, I totally forgot about that.

Yeah, I did a quick bodge job at the time, then never got round to posting it on the remix forum (or ever doing anything with my MySpace page for that matter).

Anyway, if you can handle the racket it develops into, you can listen to it Here .

Listening back to it myself, I still like the middle eight, but I wish I'd bothered to spend a little time mixing / arranging the song better than I did (glad to hear the myspace players data compression has improved, at least some of the life has come back into it, it used to sound bloody ghastly unless your track was less than two minutes long).

FYI, I downloaded the files from their website - so they may still be available.

cheers!
Old 05-19-2008, 03:28 PM

Very cool Carl.

(Hey that's my name too!)

Me likes your mix a lot (but on the other hand my girlfriend thinks 'it's absolutely horrible!' but she has no taste cos she watches Eastenders...). I was thinking of doing something even more radical. I'll post it when I do.

You know that NIN have released the stems to another ten songs? And there's a couple from Byrne/Eno's Ghosts.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:26 AM

Hey, thanks for the feedback, I look forward to hearing your remix when it's done!

I haven't really had a chance to check out the multi-tracks from "Year Zero" if that's what you're referring to, but instead of downloading them I may just buy the "Year Zero Remixed" cd which includes all of the tracks for remixing.

The "Only" PT session was a nice convenience, but I think a lot of people were getting their hopes up that it would give away all sorts of editing / plugin / routing etc secrets rather than just present an efficient way of tidying up a session of printed stems (though there were some useful midi regions knocking about in there).

I notice that the new (free) album "The Slip" is also now available as stems if you register here .

If you have a link to the David Byrne & Brian Eno "Ghosts" multi-tracks, I'd be interested in checking those out.

Coincidence or not, NIN have also just released a mammoth 36 track album called "Ghosts". The Deluxe Edition , not surprisingly also features the multi-track files, though who the hell has the time to remix that amount of material - especially when there's Eastenders to watch?
Old 05-20-2008, 05:35 PM

Much of the Year Zero Rmixed (Amazon link) is in Ableton Live format.

I've downloaded most of them already from the NIN site and I must agree - there's not too many I'd really want to spend time playing with. But it's a nice idea. Would be good if it caught on. It's a shame it doesn't give too much away about the techniques employed.

The two tracks off Bush of Ghosts are available here Not the best from the album, but refreshingly weird!
Old 05-28-2008, 12:17 PM

Cheers for the link, I'll check those out.