Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 03-31-2022, 07:21 AM

Default One Plugin Alliance plug in not installing

I recently purchased a Plugin Alliance bundle and ran the installer. All of the plugins installed correctly and work except one ... of course, it was one of the main plugins I was interested in and why I bought the bundle. The strange thing is that it installed the folder in the proper place, but the actual plugin file is not in the x64 subfolder. I deleted and reinstalled it a couple of times with the same result.

The strange part is that on one of the installs, I had left another explorer window open with the x64 folder open. When I ran the installer, the file showed up in the folder but just disappeared after about 10 seconds. It is nowhere in the computer hard drives or the recycle bin. Just gone!

I have a new computer I built with an i7 processor, 64 gig ram, Windows 10, and running PT 2021

Any suggestions are appreciated
Old 03-31-2022, 07:24 AM

Default Re: One Plugin Alliance plug in not installing

Hi i think you can download the exe and install the single plugin from your account in the PA website . Try that !

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Old 03-31-2022, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeam25 View Post
Hi i think you can download the exe and install the single plugin from your account in the PA website . Try that !

Thanks ... already tried that ... same result
Old 03-31-2022, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Songster View Post

The strange part is that on one of the installs, I had left another explorer window open with the x64 folder open. When I ran the installer, the file showed up in the folder but just disappeared after about 10 seconds. It is nowhere in the computer hard drives or the recycle bin. Just gone!

This sounds really wierd , maybe a windows component recently updated by the OS ? Not shure but can you just grab it while it show there and place it in the desktop before it's gone and put it back manually ?

Old 03-31-2022, 08:01 AM

Quote:
This sounds really wierd , maybe a windows component recently updated by the OS ? Not shure but can you just grab it while it show there and place it in the desktop before it's gone and put it back manually ?

I tried but as soon as I clicked on it, it disappeared. I'm hoping PA will send me just the file to insert, but so far the only message I got from them is the obligitory "Thanks for submitting" message
Old 03-31-2022, 08:02 AM

Ok try them on facebook .
Old 03-31-2022, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Ok try them on facebook .
Sent them a message on FB and they auto responded saying they can't provide tech support there ... getting more frustrating by the minute
Old 03-31-2022, 09:23 AM

That's not good. What PA plugin we are talking about ? I got a few and they install fine here. Let me know.
Old 03-31-2022, 01:15 PM

Quote:
That's not good. What PA plugin we are talking about ? I got a few and they install fine here. Let me know.
Crispy Tuner - installed it on another computer without a problem (except it's the wrong computer :) ) Tried to just copy and paste the missing file but it wouldn't let me. Found out the Windows Defender was quarantining the file, and when I turned it off, it installed ...but when I turned it back on, it grabbed it and quarantined it again. Once I added the .aaxplugin extension to the exclusion list, it worked finally.

The only problem now is the Rewire is not installing so the function in the graphic mode is limited. It's gotta be something with this plugin because the Rewire works with Reason and Waves. All the other plugins seemed to download ok (although I haven't checked all 110 of them - Mix/Master Bundle)

Still haven't gotten anything from PA as to the problems or solutions. I miss the days of Phone Support
Old 03-31-2022, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Songster View Post
Crispy Tuner - installed it on another computer without a problem (except it's the wrong computer :) ) Tried to just copy and paste the missing file but it wouldn't let me. Found out the Windows Defender was quarantining the file, and when I turned it off, it installed ...but when I turned it back on, it grabbed it and quarantined it again. Once I added the .aaxplugin extension to the exclusion list, it worked finally.

The only problem now is the Rewire is not installing so the function in the graphic mode is limited. It's gotta be something with this plugin because the Rewire works with Reason and Waves. All the other plugins seemed to download ok (although I haven't checked all 110 of them - Mix/Master Bundle)

Still haven't gotten anything from PA as to the problems or solutions. I miss the days of Phone Support
Yeah i got you as support has change and most with the Covid everything got so slow now.

It is good news you found the problem with the PA plugin. As for the Rewire thing , i remember in the past that multiple rewire files caused conflicts between waves and reason. Not shure if it still an issue and have something to do with your case , but you can check there