Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 01-08-2012, 03:03 AM

Default Ethernet port 2

Will the control only work with ethernet port 1?

Thanks,

Frank.
Old 01-08-2012, 03:24 PM

Default Re: Ethernet port 2

Hi,

What do you mean by "ethernet port 2" ?

The artist series units I'm familiar with only have 1 ethernet port.
Old 01-08-2012, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris-euphonix View Post
Hi,

What do you mean by "ethernet port 2" ?

The artist series units I'm familiar with only have 1 ethernet port.
Sorry. The MacPro has 2 Ethernet ports. I was wondering if itīs better to put the Artist units on the second port to avoid putting them on the same network as the entire internet traffic?
When I set PT to use port 2 the unit isnīt found. Port two has the identical settings (DHCP, automatic).

Not sure if thatīs even necessary.

Thanks,

Frank.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:27 AM

Ah.

It can be made to work with either port. Some specific configuration may be required. Fraid I don't know what happens if you simply leave defaults, and hope for the best.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris-euphonix View Post
Ah.

It can be made to work with either port. Some specific configuration may be required. Fraid I don't know what happens if you simply leave defaults, and hope for the best.
hm. some configuration may be required.

I wonder how such info could be obtained. Thereīs nothing in the manual AFAIK.

But if itīs not necessary Iīll just leave it on port one with digidelivery, email etc. etc. and hope for the best.

Thanks,

Frank.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:19 AM

It should be fine - the volume of traffic is minimal.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:25 AM
Avid

In system prefs/EUCON change your network interface to port 2. Then restart your machine.

JC
Old 01-26-2012, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Haydon View Post
In system prefs/EUCON change your network interface to port 2. Then restart your machine.

JC
Hi,
I tried what you suggested but port 2 isnīt available in the drop-down menu of the Eucon system prefs. I can type into that field but it will not accept a manual entry.

Frank.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:22 PM

Frank,

I use an MC pro (not the artist series) with a macpro. The main reason I use the two ports is to cut internet access to the MC (There is a PC inside the MC Pro). The second reason is to have "eucon" (MC Pro) running on one ethernet cable and internet on the other.

From what I understand, the reason you can't select ethernet 2 in the "eucon" preferences is simply because your MC is plugged into the ethernet 1 of the mac pro and it is the only port it can see. If you want to use ethernet 2 you will have to unplug the ethernet cable from the Macpro and plug it into the second ethernet port.

If it work as the MC Pro (and it should), you can use any ethernet port for the MC but only one will be available in the "eucon' pref because only one ethernet port has the MC attached to it.

One thing to pay attention. You have to make sure that the ethernet port attached to the internet is the highest or the first, on the left side of the Macpro"network" preference. If not, you won't be able to have internet access.

I hope this make sense...
http://immersivesoundvr.com/
Old 01-27-2012, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The golfer View Post
Frank,

I use an MC pro (not the artist series) with a macpro. The main reason I use the two ports is to cut internet access to the MC (There is a PC inside the MC Pro). The second reason is to have "eucon" (MC Pro) running on one ethernet cable and internet on the other.

From what I understand, the reason you can't select ethernet 2 in the "eucon" preferences is simply because your MC is plugged into the ethernet 1 of the mac pro and it is the only port it can see. If you want to use ethernet 2 you will have to unplug the ethernet cable from the Macpro and plug it into the second ethernet port.

If it work as the MC Pro (and it should), you can use any ethernet port for the MC but only one will be available in the "eucon' pref because only one ethernet port has the MC attached to it.

One thing to pay attention. You have to make sure that the ethernet port attached to the internet is the highest or the first, on the left side of the Macpro"network" preference. If not, you won't be able to have internet access.

I hope this make sense...
I tried plugging the artist control into port 2 (Internet is and was on port one BTW) but still no option to set it to port 2.

Maybe the "amateur" surfaces can not do port 2? Thereīs also nothing in the manual. In fact setting the system prefs of eucon is not even mentioned in the Eucon for PT manual.
Do I actually need to drag the PT icon into the systems prefs setting window. I havenīt and it seems to work. Just donīt know how itīs supposed to be done. And thereīs little to learn from the manual.

Anyway, Iīll just stick with port one. As long as my IT admin doesn't complain about a weird device on his network I will be fine.