Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2007, 01:20 AM

Default Running multiple deltas......oh no .not again !!!!

Hey there,
Apologies in advance for yet again bringing the issue up of running multiple delta 1010lt in pro tools, but for those who have managed to I have sum questions.
Iam considering purchasing a new delta 1010lt and wanna know how you actualy managed to get MP-PT to recognise multi deltas in your system?
Also, as I reformat my computer quite regulary has anyone ever reformatted and managed to get the cards working together again in MP-PT?
On a final note I would like to state to Digidesign that they really need to loosen up on people who cant afford the big ass HD versions.It seems to be that new cheaper soundcards popup regular compatible with MP-PT but always have a catch when using it in PT.I could easy fire up multiple deltas in Sonar, Audition or Cubase....but I wanna use em in PT !!!!

Ta very much !!

XeS
Old 02-27-2007, 07:52 AM

Default Re: Running multiple deltas......oh no .not again

I have 3 deltas, those works together, but i noticed strange small clicks over the recorded tracks, even if I record with only one input in the first card and the second delta is active. No clicks found if I disable 2nd and 3rd card.
So, I think that problem is in drivers.
The clicks appears even I use an external Master clock via spdif.
bye, Marco from Italy
Old 02-27-2007, 10:12 AM

Default Re: Running multiple deltas......oh no .not again

i have a dual core system, so what i'm going to mention may not apply to your situation.

what i noticed is that when i put my second audiophile 2496 into my computer, i heard the "clicks" that you mentioned.

they were random - not really consistent, and sometimes would not happen for long periods of time.

so the problem was hard to diagnose.

what made it even more complicated, was the fact that at the same time as i put the second 2496 in my computer, i also installed a UAD-1express.

i am not sure if the clicks were coming from the UAD or the second 2496.

but it all went away when i switched to using 1 processor for RTAS (prior to this it was set to use 2 processors for RTAS) - so this leads me to believe it was the UAD-1 trying to tie up the processors.

i thought i would mention it, because perhaps it would help.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:13 PM

Default Re: Running multiple deltas......oh no .not again !!!!

I have 2 Delta1010lt's in my Dell pc that both work with no problems.

-----Iam considering purchasing a new delta 1010lt and wanna know how you actualy managed to get MP-PT to recognise multi deltas in your system?

I just installed both pci cards and Pro Tools recognized them. You have to set up your SPDIF connections in order to hear both Delta Panel mixers. There's an article on the M-Audio website that explains how to do this as using multiple Delta's is supported with other apps. I have another Dell pc also though I haven't tried installing the Delta's in it - it's hit or miss as to whether it will work in a particular pc - and also how WELL they work.

-----Also, as I reformat my computer quite regulary has anyone ever reformatted and managed to get the cards working together again in MP-PT?

Yes - I've reformatted and always had the same Delta configuration afterwards.

-----On a final note I would like to state to Digidesign that they really need to loosen up on people who cant afford the big ass HD versions.It seems to be that new cheaper soundcards popup regular compatible with MP-PT but always have a catch when using it in PT.I could easy fire up multiple deltas in Sonar, Audition or Cubase....but I wanna use em in PT !!!!

AGREED!!!

Pro Tools 2024.3
Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (3)
Slate Digital VRS8
Analogue Tonebuss 24 Channel
UAD-2 OCTO Core Accelerator
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM
4.01GHz Quad-Core Intel Core I7
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 2 GB
Old 02-28-2007, 12:51 AM

Default Re: Running multiple deltas......oh no .not again !!!!

I think I might bite the bullet and purchase a new delta (fingers crossed x), at the end of the day if it doesnt work for me I will just have to capture audio in a different program then import it into PT, that idea sux but cant let it go to waste !!
Thanx for all your help

XeS