Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2010, 10:09 AM

Question Pro Tools-Mbox2 Mini-Windows 7

New purchase of Pro Tools Mbox 2 Mini Personal Recording Studio with Pro Tools 8 software. Using Windows 7.
1. I downloaded Pro Tools 8 software from CD (I did not plug in the Mbox when it said to). (As per sales clerk)
2. I downloaded (from digidesign website) 8.0.3 update.
3. I downloaded (from digidesign website) LE Interface Windows 7 64-Bit Audio Drivers v8.0.4.b (BETA).
4. I connected the Mbox (drivers automatically downloaded).
Then I tried to log into Pro Tools and received two different messages.
WARNING: Loss of Plug-in authorization keys may occur. This system contains one of more drive(s) fromatted with NTFS, which have volume names longer than 11 characters. This combination is known to corrupt some Interlok Plug-in authorizations. Etc, etc....Quit Pro Tools?
I said NO and went on, but I don't understand what this is. After about 30 seconds I get this message:
Unable to locate Digidesign hardware. Make sure hardware is connected and turned on.
I checked the USB connection and the connection to the Mbox (LED light is on) and clicked OK. Nothing happens. I just keep receiving the message over and over until I have no other option then to CANCEL. I don't know what else to try. Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:25 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools-Mbox2 Mini-Windows 7

Hey welcome to the DUC! First of all, I assume you're running Windows 7 64-bit?

As far as the volume name goes - you need to shorten the name of your volumes. Like if you have one hard drive as one volume named "Pro Tools LE Sessions", try changing it to just "Sessions" or something like that.

The other issue is typical of the beta Windows 7 drivers as they are nowhere near stable yet. When your issue happened to me, I would go into device manager, uninstall the device (your Mbox), disconnect the device, then reconnect it. I use an 003 so I would power it off and back on and XP would redetect it and reinstall the drivers. Then, Pro Tools MIGHT be able to see the device. It's so inconsistent that i went back to XP. Anyway, you might try something like that. Good luck!

Pro Tools 2024.3
Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (3)
Slate Digital VRS8
Analogue Tonebuss 24 Channel
UAD-2 OCTO Core Accelerator
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM
4.01GHz Quad-Core Intel Core I7
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 2 GB
Old 02-04-2010, 09:04 AM

Smile Re: Pro Tools-Mbox2 Mini-Windows 7

Thanks for your help. We are up and running.
Old 02-15-2010, 02:00 AM

I had the same problem guys with the same os and hardware. mbox 2 mini win 7 mine is 32 bit. Unable to locate hardware. I downloaded the newest drivers after i ripped out the old ones it still told me that they were still there when I tried to update it. i unplugged the mbox mini and replugged it. win 7 found the drivers online and when i started pt 8 it worked. it even accepted my auth code that was on the site for my products i was amazed another victory so far. its pitiful when the people that make the drivers cant get it right but the Os can.

Greg
Old 04-14-2010, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg555 View Post
I had the same problem guys with the same os and hardware. mbox 2 mini win 7 mine is 32 bit. Unable to locate hardware. I downloaded the newest drivers after i ripped out the old ones it still told me that they were still there when I tried to update it. i unplugged the mbox mini and replugged it. win 7 found the drivers online and when i started pt 8 it worked. it even accepted my auth code that was on the site for my products i was amazed another victory so far. its pitiful when the people that make the drivers cant get it right but the Os can.

Greg
HEy Greg,
i am having the same problem that you had but i cannot find ANY specific drivers for this mbox mini ANYWHERE on the avid site. no matter how many times i reinstall protools 8.0.3 and its cs updates, my windoes 7 32 bit just wont recognize the unit. it wont even turn the little green light on! i am 2 days into vivid frustration and any help you could give me would be appreciated x1000.
thanks in advance
beatbushido