Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2015, 08:46 AM

Default PT 4 year free upgrade - 12

I bought PT 10(Student) in Oct. 2012, so I'm still in the 4 year period. Last night, I went to do the upgrade to 12. I had 11 installed from the last free upgrade under the 4 years, and when I went through the process for 12, all kinds of terrible things happened. The update for 12 showed up in my "products not yet downloaded" section (theres a post on the forum of the steps i went through). I guess that makes you surrender your key for 11, which is fine. Though PT 11 was what i had installed. So after i activated the key for 12 on my iLok, i could no longer boot into 11(since i dont have a serial anymore) there was no download like for 12 in the "My products and subscriptions"(all the PT 11 links are still there) last night there was a sub folder for 12 but it said something along the lines of "there is no download available, its just a serial" For whatever reason the PT uninstaller didnt want to run to get 11 off to downgrade back to 10, so i could at least use the software(this was a must as im currently taking classes) I finally got 11 off and 10 back on, but now 12 is completely out of the picture. Its not in my "products not yet downloaded" or my "products and subscriptions"(like it was last night) my iLok shows a "Pro Tools 10/12 (NT) (2)" The drop down then shows "Pro Tools 10" and "Pro Tools 12" so the key is on my iLok. Has this happened to anyone, and does anyone have any possible suggestions on getting the download for 12?

Thanks.
Old 04-24-2015, 08:48 AM

Default Re: PT 4 year free upgrade - 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPlaysWithFire View Post
I bought PT 10(Student) in Oct. 2012, so I'm still in the 4 year period. Last night, I went to do the upgrade to 12. I had 11 installed from the last free upgrade under the 4 years, and when I went through the process for 12, all kinds of terrible things happened. The update for 12 showed up in my "products not yet downloaded" section (theres a post on the forum of the steps i went through). I guess that makes you surrender your key for 11, which is fine. Though PT 11 was what i had installed. So after i activated the key for 12 on my iLok, i could no longer boot into 11(since i dont have a serial anymore) there was no download like for 12 in the "My products and subscriptions"(all the PT 11 links are still there) last night there was a sub folder for 12 but it said something along the lines of "there is no download available, its just a serial" For whatever reason the PT uninstaller didnt want to run to get 11 off to downgrade back to 10, so i could at least use the software(this was a must as im currently taking classes) I finally got 11 off and 10 back on, but now 12 is completely out of the picture. Its not in my "products not yet downloaded" or my "products and subscriptions"(like it was last night) my iLok shows a "Pro Tools 10/12 (NT) (2)" The drop down then shows "Pro Tools 10" and "Pro Tools 12" so the key is on my iLok. Has this happened to anyone, and does anyone have any possible suggestions on getting the download for 12?

Thanks.
known issue, avid knows about this it takes a slow time to roll these things out which sucks huge, this only happens with people who do the upgrades from pt10/11. people who buy it outright dont suffer from this, avid knows about this but all you can do is wait
Old 04-24-2015, 08:52 AM

Thanks. I wasnt sure if it was a waiting game or not. I knew it was a waiting game for the upgrade to even appear haha. I just wanted to make sure i didnt screw myself out of at least 11. Welp, back to waiting.
Old 05-05-2015, 11:51 AM

This wait is getting ridiculous. I've had the PT12 key on my iLok for almost 2 weeks now(thursday will be 2 weeks) But there is still no download for 12 in my avid account. I wouldnt really care as much(even after surrendering my PT11 key for PT12) But I made the huge mistake of updating the mac OS to Yosemite. If you are using a mac and PT10, DO NOT DO THE UPDATE. It has a huge bug with dropdown menus in PT10, and sadly Avid wont fix it because PT10 is pretty much dead at this point. It just sucks having to wait forever, and i cant even just run 11 since the update makes you surrender the key. Should I just continue to wait or should I call Avid and see if they can help me figure out whats going on?
Old 05-05-2015, 12:10 PM

I thought 11 should run with the 12 license.(Hidden Bundle 10-11-12)

This rollout should roll some heads as we roll our eyes.
Old 05-05-2015, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitT View Post
I thought 11 should run with the 12 license.(Hidden Bundle 10-11-12)

This rollout should roll some heads as we roll our eyes.
When I went through the upgrade process. It had me surrender my 11 key. After that i tried to boot 11, and it was asking for the iLok with the key for 11. The iLok manager shows the 11 key in my account, but wont let me put it on my iLok. This whole thing is a disaster haha.
Old 05-05-2015, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tklicki View Post
I also upgraded from PT 10 to PT 11 some time ago and till now I do not have any PT12 license..

Regards,
Tomek
Did you get anything in your "Products not yet downloaded"? Thats where mine originally showed up, then I dont know what happened to it.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPlaysWithFire View Post
...after i activated the key for 12 on my iLok, i could no longer boot into 11(since i dont have a serial anymore) there was no download like for 12 in the "My products and subscriptions"(all the PT 11 links are still there)...
Sorry about the trouble. Sounds like you are one of a few customers that activated before the upgrades were completely processed (this is still in progress), so I'm starting a support case to get your info and get you up and running.
Old 05-07-2015, 11:52 AM

Default 4 year free student upgrades

Are these things still rolling out, or do I have to post a ticket?
Old 05-07-2015, 01:52 PM

Default Re: 4 year free student upgrades

I checked in on one of the threads going on already and Jeffro from AVID had responded back saying that they are still in the process (It has been a while now. I don't remember waiting this long when Pro Tools 11 came out)