Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 08-08-2017, 01:10 PM

Default Re: Lost Pro Tools LE 8 authorization code

Thank you so much! Time to make som music.
Old 08-25-2017, 02:43 AM

Hello guys, i am facing the same problem myself. I lost my authorization code and i am not being able to access it through my avid account, since it is not listed in "my products". Kindly help.
Old 10-16-2018, 04:57 PM

Hello,
I have the exact same thing happening as the prior posters. Although, I have my activation code but get the error "the activation code is invalid" when attempting to enter it in the avid sight in order to receive an authorization code. My avid account shows my registered software and upgrades I have purchased, but yet I cant activate this fresh re-install from my Pro Tools 8 Upgrade disc. Any help would be appreciated, as Im on my 3rd day of trying to troubleshoot.
PT LE 8.0.3
MAC OS X 10.6.2
Old 10-16-2018, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xthkind View Post
Hello guys, i am facing the same problem myself. I lost my authorization code and i am not being able to access it through my avid account, since it is not listed in "my products". Kindly help.
Welcome to the community (and sorry I didn't see this sooner). Please check your email...
Old 10-16-2018, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounds like...! View Post
Hello,
I have the exact same thing happening as the prior posters. Although, I have my activation code but get the error "the activation code is invalid" when attempting to enter it in the avid sight in order to receive an authorization code. My avid account shows my registered software and upgrades I have purchased, but yet I cant activate this fresh re-install from my Pro Tools 8 Upgrade disc. Any help would be appreciated, as Im on my 3rd day of trying to troubleshoot.
An Activation/Redemption Code is only used once to add the product to your Avid account and/or deposit licenses. After that, simply go to my.avid.com/products to get your Authorization Code or installers. I confirmed that the product is in your Avid account. See http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/FAQ/en351651 for more info. If the Authorization Code in your Avid account isn't working we can get a support case going to figure that out.
Old 04-03-2020, 01:46 PM

I am having the same problem. I purchased protools le 8 many years ago and am now not seeing any info under my purchases regarding authorization codes etc. Also, I do not have my booklet. Can anybody help with any suggestions as to how I might be able to get up and running?

My computer crashed. I got a new (old) computer from a friend and am now trying to get things going again.

Any advice is helpful. Thank you!
Old 04-04-2020, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyoches View Post
I am having the same problem. I purchased protools le 8 many years ago and am now not seeing any info under my purchases regarding authorization codes etc. Also, I do not have my booklet. Can anybody help with any suggestions as to how I might be able to get up and running?

My computer crashed. I got a new (old) computer from a friend and am now trying to get things going again.

Any advice is helpful. Thank you!

Any chance you registered it with Avid under a different account?

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 01-29-2021, 01:28 AM

Hello,

I am in a somewhat similar situation.

I got PT 8 LE in 2009 and I'd been using it right until last week, when my 2008 iMac died.

I've just bought myself a new setup and I need a new PT however I don't find my PT 8 in "my products". I've look everywhere in my DVD box for a registration code or something similar but the only thing I found is a yellow paper explaining the mBox 2.

Is there a plan to jump from PT 8 to a current version with a discount or do I have to pay the full price? If there is, how should I go about it?

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-11-2023, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachabaptista View Post
Hello,

I am in a somewhat similar situation.

I got PT 8 LE in 2009 and I'd been using it right until last week, when my 2008 iMac died.

I've just bought myself a new setup and I need a new PT however I don't find my PT 8 in "my products". I've look everywhere in my DVD box for a registration code or something similar but the only thing I found is a yellow paper explaining the mBox 2.

Is there a plan to jump from PT 8 to a current version with a discount or do I have to pay the full price? If there is, how should I go about it?

Thanks in advance.
Hello,
I have the exact same thing happening as the prior posters. Although, I have my activation code but get the error "the activation code is invalid" when attempting to enter it in the avid sight in order to receive an authorization code. My avid account shows my registered software and upgrades I have purchased, but yet I cant activate this fresh re-install from my Pro Tools 8 Upgrade disc.
Old 07-11-2023, 08:22 PM

Default Lost Pro Tools LE 8 authorization code

Quote:
Originally Posted by limpan666 View Post
Hello,
I have the exact same thing happening as the prior posters. Although, I have my activation code but get the error "the activation code is invalid" when attempting to enter it in the avid sight in order to receive an authorization code. My avid account shows my registered software and upgrades I have purchased, but yet I cant activate this fresh re-install from my Pro Tools 8 Upgrade disc.

Once used, the activation code is no longer valid. You need your serial number for pro tools. It would either be in your account as part of the pro tools 8LE entry, or it would be on the inside cover of the getting started guide that came with your system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control