Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 04-27-2022, 02:18 PM

Default Plug-Ins included with Pro Tools Studio

Avid's Pro Tools page makes it sound like Studio includes all the plugins now. IT states the only thing included in the annual subscription is inner circle. ILOK says they are subscription for Complete plugin bundle, Heat, Groovecell and SynthCell. Very deceptive advertising IMHO.
Anyone else with studio any different? Anyone with a perpetual license that moved over to Studio and not have an updated plan?
UAD Apollo X8P With an extra 8 channel ADAT using
a Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56
UAD Twin duo
UAD TB3 Octo Satelite
Focal Twin Be monitors
samsung T5 and Gdrive

Last edited by jeffro; 04-28-2022 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Updated the title to clarify the thread topic.
Old 04-27-2022, 02:42 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools Studio

Here's what's included with Pro Tools Studio: https://www.avid.com/pro-tools/whats-included-studio

The plug-ins included before the changes yesterday were also subscription licenses tied to the term of your Software Updates + Support Plan or Subscription.

Is your Pro Tools 2019.6 a perpetual license?
Old 04-27-2022, 03:56 PM

I have a perpetual license that has a current support plan. I renewed it in February. I understood heat and the complete plug in package were tied with the current support package and would expire next February. Avid website says it is now included in Pro Tools Studio. It does not say only with a current support plan. So, I was expecting to get license for those items that do not expire just because I let my support plan expire.
UAD Twin duo
UAD TB3 Octo Satelite
Focal Twin Be monitors
samsung T5 and Gdrive
Old 04-28-2022, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Here's what's included with Pro Tools Studio: https://www.avid.com/pro-tools/whats-included-studio

The plug-ins included before the changes yesterday were also subscription licenses tied to the term of your Software Updates + Support Plan or Subscription.
Hi Jeffro, thanks in advance for your continuous support here at DUC: I got a perpetual PT (now Studio) license, but the complete plug in bundle has NEVER been included with yearly support plan, just with subscriptions, am I wrong? If this has not changed, we perpetual owners got no plugin complete bundle (indeed I got no installers under my products).

Best
Old 04-28-2022, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paolino_o View Post
I got a perpetual PT (now Studio) license, but the complete plug in bundle has NEVER been included with yearly support plan, just with subscriptions, am I wrong?
Yes. You are wrong. The complete plugin bundle has ALWAYS been included with the perpetual license and tied to your support plan period. It's a separate asset in your iLok account with a little box next to it with a circular arrow (indicating it is a subscription/time limited). This is obviously different from the perpetual license itself which is not time-limited.

As for the installers, they are below the Pro Tools installers in the same drop down area on my.Avid. They used to be bundled as one installer but now they are individual installers for every plugin. (except for HEAT, of course, which has no need for an installer)
Old 04-28-2022, 07:52 AM

Would be good to get confirmation that the perpetual support plan-holders will continue to get the bundle in this brave new era.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 04-28-2022, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
Yes. You are wrong. The complete plugin bundle has ALWAYS been included with the perpetual license and tied to your support plan period. It's a separate asset in your iLok account with a little box next to it with a circular arrow (indicating it is a subscription/time limited). This is obviously different from the perpetual license itself which is not time-limited.

As for the installers, they are below the Pro Tools installers in the same drop down area on my.Avid. They used to be bundled as one installer but now they are individual installers for every plugin. (except for HEAT, of course, which has no need for an installer)
I guess you have PT Ultimate, which always included Complete Plugin etc.
Vanilla PT, i guess hasn't

Last edited by Paolino_o; 04-28-2022 at 09:05 AM. Reason: grammar error
Old 04-28-2022, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Hi Jeffro, thanks in advance for your continuous support here at DUC: I got a perpetual PT (now Studio) license, but the complete plug in bundle has NEVER been included with yearly support plan, just with subscriptions, am I wrong? If this has not changed, we perpetual owners got no plugin complete bundle (indeed I got no installers under my products).

Best
I believe that they just started including them with a current support plan for non ultimate pro tools. It was available to me when I renewed my support plan in February. Yes, they were just for subscriptions before that.

Again they way I read -They are included with studio and should not depend on a current support plan. Please notice it explicitly says the inner circle is subscription only.
UAD Twin duo
UAD TB3 Octo Satelite
Focal Twin Be monitors
samsung T5 and Gdrive
Old 04-28-2022, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by appledude View Post
Again they way I read -They are included with studio and should not depend on a current support plan. Please notice it explicitly says the inner circle is subscription only.
It's a tangent, but that's another crazy thing. As a perpetual license-holder, I have 20 Inner Circle benefits listed in my account. So we even get some of those Inner Circle things, but not all by any means. It's all a confusing mess.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 04-28-2022, 11:35 AM

Quote:
...I got a perpetual PT (now Studio) license, but the complete plug in bundle has NEVER been included with yearly support plan, just with subscriptions, am I wrong? If this has not changed, we perpetual owners got no plugin complete bundle...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
...The complete plugin bundle has ALWAYS been included with the perpetual license and tied to your support plan period...
Slight correction... Software Updates + Support Plans for Pro Tools perpetual licenses did not initially include Avid Complete Plug-In Bundle or HEAT but they were added for PT users along the way. Syncing a product (usually at renewal) triggers this change for existing owners, and checking your account shows they were added today shortly after your post along with the 'Cell licenses.