Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2018, 04:52 AM

Default Re: New iLok key says it's owned by another user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Nil View Post
I have the same problem with the owner of this thread. can someone help me?
Have you started a support case with Avid?

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 01-02-2021, 05:06 PM

I'm having a similar problem,

I have a license for ProTools 9 on an original iLok key, and I'm the original owner. I never had to make an iLok user account, that I remember.
Last week, when trying to upgrade to ProTools 12, Avid created a new iLok account for me, and I downloaded the license manager.
When I try to activate my PT9 license, iLok license manager indicates my license for ProTools 9 "does not belong to [me]," and that the owner is "another user"

I need to recover the original account my PT9 license is associated with so i can move it to the iLok cloud and upgrade to PT12

*the "synchonize" feature is grayed out on ILM,
*according to the voicemail on incident support, Avid's license team isn't operational due to COVID
Pro Tools 9
8 GB 1600 MHz
Old 01-02-2021, 06:13 PM

You are saying "iLock cloud" and I don't think that's what you want. iLok Cloud is the opposite to the iLok dongle if you are working with an iLok dongle you don't need to deal with iLock Cloud licensing. You can sync an iLok with your iLok account, and you can move a licese to the account, but that is different from using an iLok Cloud license.

You also should not be trying to activate Pro Tools 9 if you already have an activated license on your iLok.

It is very likely that you already registered the existing iLok with an account, that's a very common thing for folks to forget. Try looking though all your old email to see if you created an iLok account.

You really need to contact Avid support (DUC is not Avid support). You can file licensing related cases without an ASC/free of charge but Avid hide how to do that... Start at http://avid.force.com/Support/RegistrationCaseCreation and fill out the info and click submit your question, and that will then let you add more info. Have you been buying an ASC to try to reach Avid now? Or do you have a current support plan? Support likely won't just take a call from you without one of those and even if they are working, and trying to call them is not great at the best of times, report problems online and work through email.

Did you purchase a Pro Tools 12 upgrade that requires you to surrender the Pro Tools 9 licenses? Just don't want you to waste time if you actually have a full new Pro Tools 12 license. And Pro Tools 12 broke licensing at Pro Tools 12.6. So older licenses will only work up until 12.5.x at 12.6 and later you will need a more recent license. Be aware of that if you have an old license.

Since you are on macOS you have to pay lots of care to the macOS and Pro Tools compatibility minefield, the Pro Tools compatibility table can be found with a google search.