Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Aspera DigiDelivery

Old 04-18-2007, 08:41 PM

Default Feature requests

1. Ability to have accounts that work with automation. In other words, if a delivery is sent to account "X" then a program like FlipFactory or Anystream can watch that account, download the file begin processing the files. DD is great, but it could be awesome with this feature.

2. In the client application we need a receive delivery button. Most users that I work with have Internet e-mail and the dgd:// link does not kick off the delviery automatically. With a button on the front of the client application I would not have to have the following listed on all of my deliveries. >> To receive this delivery you will need to download a small client application from http://www.digidelivery.net . Once installed and launched, copy the dgd:// link below and paste it into the link that is displayed when you choose File>Open Access URL. The file will then download to the location of your choice.<<

The problem with this statement is that it is contradicted later in the e-mail with >>Click this link to download your delivery: dgd://XXXX

(DigiDelivery should ask where you want to download the delivery. If not, just copy and paste the link into any web browser)

This delivery must be downloaded before 5/8/07 11:42 PM<<<

3. I know you've heard it before, but I'd really like to buy a quieter box. I'd rather have a 2 ru server with three larger, slower fans that aren't 60+db. Even in a server room this is too loud.

4. Connection/upload/download speed indicator.

5. Better error logging. I need to know why transmissions fail. At present we have 1 in 10 transmissions failing and we don't know why. When we've checked in with you the response ahs been that the server looks to be operating properly. Okay, so how do I fix a problem that is random outside of your server without logs that indicate why or when or how a transmission fails?

6. I'd like a portable DigiDelivery that can be taken to temporary work locations and used on various ISPs to conduct a server to server relay. We often deploy reporters to long term but temporary locations (i.e. Hurricanes, mud slides, trials etc). This would have to be a much quieter box as it would likely be used in a hotel. It would also need the ability to work with wireless connections and should probably have a battery option. Build this and they will come... cash in hand.

7. Need the ability to sort accounts. There are certain accounts that I want to have listed at the top of the list. These are generally office accounts while individual users can be listed later.

8. If you build a 2 ru or larger box include XLR, IEEE 1394, SDI, Composite or Component inputs and allow us to stream audio and video in a server to server relay directly from a deck. This could be in MXF, DNxHD or any other format. Seems like you would just need an encoder card to make this work.

9. Allow other companies to integrate the DD API into their products as easily as the Interplay API can be used. I'd love to integrate the API into my DAM as a delivery mechanism.

10. Move the client login page to the 1st page of the app. This would serve to check for connectivity before doing any other work. When sending large shipments the wait for the packages to load up and compress can be annoying if there is no connectivity.

11. In the client app allow for a by pass of logging into the server. This would give us the option of preloading deliveies when there is no IP connectivity - perfect for on location work.

12. In MediaComposer I'd like to fill out the DD shipping information before kicking of any transcoding so that I can "fire and forget" - Start the process and go to get a drink or go home for the evening.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:46 PM

Default Re: Feature requests

pretty interesting ... i might add:

* In the Client software when selecting recipients from the Account list, actually display the account name in addition to the first and last name. A new assistant, for example, may not realize that "Rick Blaine" is the "Casablanca" account.

* An additional email template for sending to new accounts a "Welcome" message with host, username, and, perhaps, the password.

... those two by themselves would be great.