Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 05-06-2022, 08:51 AM
Avid

Default Re: S3 Modifier Keys

Ah...Steinberg. Yes, they have stopped working in their software EUCON adapter. We have notified them, please do the same.
Old 05-09-2022, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Ah...Steinberg. Yes, they have stopped working in their software EUCON adapter. We have notified them, please do the same.
This is nothing to do with steinberg. Softkeys functionality no longer works in finder or anywhere else it used to. The other users in this post and others with the same problem may not be using Steinberg.

If they stopped Eucon - would this not cause faders and commands to stop working too? These work fine.

In this thread, you said there was a fix coming. But now it’s steinberg’s fault? Which is it?
Old 05-09-2022, 09:56 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by andybhoy View Post
This is nothing to do with steinberg. Softkeys functionality no longer works in finder or anywhere else it used to. The other users in this post and others with the same problem may not be using Steinberg.

If they stopped Eucon - would this not cause faders and commands to stop working too? These work fine.

In this thread, you said there was a fix coming. But now it’s steinberg’s fault? Which is it?
There are many parts to EUCON...if one part doesn't work it doesn't mean the rest doesn't.

There are two types of modifier keys, EUCON (the DAW has to support them) and Keyboard. Which ones are you using? EUCON modifiers used to work in Steinberg Apps but currently don't.
Old 05-10-2022, 03:11 PM

Quote:
There are many parts to EUCON...if one part doesn't work it doesn't mean the rest doesn't.

There are two types of modifier keys, EUCON (the DAW has to support them) and Keyboard. Which ones are you using? EUCON modifiers used to work in Steinberg Apps but currently don't.
I’m assuming it’s just keyboard. Using the avid config app for the S1. Bottom left buttons. I choose “key” in settings - not Eucon. It’s in the video I posted.

Let’s take Cubase / steinberg out the equation for now. As they no longer work in MacOS, Logic or reaper either. Previously on High sierra - stopped working. Recently I updated to big sur and they don’t work on that either, so let’s for argument’s sake take MacOS out the equation too.

I have posted 2 videos, showing the options I have available to me, what I chose and the results - not working. Would you be so kind as to post a video of yours working please? Perhaps we’re doing something wrong.

All we want are the Shift, Command, Alt and Options buttons on the S series to work again. No fancy Eucon commands or anything. Just soft keys.
Old 05-11-2022, 12:51 PM
Avid

The keyboard modifiers do work in all Apps. They are not standalone though and have to have a command after them in the softkey editor.

There was a bug in that the PT EUCON modifiers didn't work, and this was fixed.

Steinberg don't include/support these EUCON modifiers. We have asked them too.
Old 05-12-2022, 12:28 AM

Quote:
The keyboard modifiers do work in all Apps. They are not standalone though and have to have a command after them in the softkey editor.

Could you please tell us what the command is? This is all so vague.

In MacOS Finder for example - I used to be able to simply press the Shift key on the S1 and select multiple files. This no longer works. Is there some command I now need to enter in the S1 config to make this simple key press work? As currently, it does not work.
Old 05-12-2022, 12:32 AM

Quote:

Back in February last year, Alex said you had found this big and it was being fixed - but the bug Alex found still remains. I have included a screen shot from his reply, in this thread.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1C41A6B4-2425-46BF-8E11-ED16D1C8B1FE.jpg (31.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-12-2022, 07:28 AM
Avid

This thread has multiple different bugs. The one fixed was the EUCON modifier keys to Pro tools.
I asked our software engineers, and I installed an earlier version of EUCON on my machine and we don't see keyboard modifiers ever working, it's not how it was designed. They could be wrong, but I went back quite a few versions and dint see how they could ever work this way.
Old 05-12-2022, 10:56 AM

Quote:
This thread has multiple different bugs. The one fixed was the EUCON modifier keys to Pro tools.
I asked our software engineers, and I installed an earlier version of EUCON on my machine and we don't see keyboard modifiers ever working, it's not how it was designed. They could be wrong, but I went back quite a few versions and dint see how they could ever work this way.
So confused….

The clearly marked SHIFT, CONTROL, COMMAND and ALT keys used to work. And I didn’t really have to do much, if anything at the time to use them. I’m talking - plug in my S3, install software, start using the buttons. That’s it. About 3 yrs ago. They were one of my most used buttons - so I assure you - they used to work. (Why would they even be there if they and labelled if they don’t work?)

8 months ago I updated and they stopped working.
Old 05-12-2022, 11:53 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by andybhoy View Post
So confused….

The clearly marked SHIFT, CONTROL, COMMAND and ALT keys used to work. And I didn’t really have to do much, if anything at the time to use them. I’m talking - plug in my S3, install software, start using the buttons. That’s it. About 3 yrs ago. They were one of my most used buttons - so I assure you - they used to work. (Why would they even be there if they and labelled if they don’t work?)

8 months ago I updated and they stopped working.
Firstly, let me apologize...I've been testing on S1 and apparently it works differently to S3....
We went back through the code and do see where this broke(when we made it work better with Pro Tools ) We will look into fixing it for the next release. Sorry for this.