Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 02-15-2011, 10:16 PM

Default How to export playlists? Exporting comp tracks?

Hello all,

I am co-editting a project between PT8 and PT7 systems. My band is recording an album and as some of us are well versed in PT, we wanted to save money and complete some of the editing process ourselves as we recorded more layers to the song. Basically, the rhythm tracks are done and are ready to edit, but we still have some vocals and horns to record. I'm trying to find a way to easily export the Comp'd playlists to our engineer to merge with his existing session for him to mix and EQ.

As of now we are transferring the Session files on a USB drive, which as you know takes waaay too long to copy large files. Then we are importing the session data into new tracks but this is a lengthy process as the files copy. Is there a way to export single playlists from multiple tracks then import the playlist into existing tracks.

All I can think is exporting regions as files then importing them as new audio files into the region list then placing them into newly created playlists.

There's GOT to be an easier way!

Thanks!
Old 02-16-2011, 06:04 AM

Default Re: How to export playlists? Exporting comp tracks?

Try this,
Save session as a new name
Delete all other tracks from your session
Delete all unused playlists
Select all unused regions (regions list)
remove all selected regions
Save session.

This session will only contain the comped track and nothing else.
Send that session to the engineer and they can them import track.

That should do it.
cheers,
Bugly
Old 02-16-2011, 08:16 AM

Default Re: How to export playlists? Exporting comp tracks?

Since you are mainly concerned with your comped vocal tracks, just consolidate the final comp and export the region as a file. Since you already comped the track, its a single audio file per vocal. Or am I missing something here? If you need to move all audio per song, then maybe a fast external drive would make more sense(something with FW800 and/or eSATA?

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave