Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018

Old 10-21-2018, 03:48 PM

Default Pro tools 2018 / Digi 002 Mixer Faders issue

My Digi 002 (the one with faders) seem to be having some issues with my Pro Tools 2018.7.0 which never happened before. The machine is like brand new, all the faders are intact. I ran all tests within the machine with no problems.

Below you'll find a youtube link with a video that sums up my issue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de913G_cj6o

Now my issue is: since yesterday, when I run a pro tools session, I'm having a problem with the buttons and faders on my Digi 002. All buttons work well B4 I press play to play my song. When I do press play, the digi 002 seem to freeze although it's still controlling pro tools. Faders that I could usually manoeuvre up and down will go back automatically to 0db for some strange reason, no matter what I do. The Mix and edit button are unresponsive but still manage to control pro tools. Same with the left, Right, up and down buttons, they make pro tools react but on the machine, they're stuck on the first 8 tracks.

Please advise. Thanks!
Old 10-21-2018, 05:29 PM

Default Pro tools 2018 / Digi 002 Mixer Faders issue

Try turning off automation read .... and see if your faders respond as they should ... it looks like an automation issue from your video
Mac Pro 2x2.8 ghz Intel Zeon, 20 gig ram, Yosemite 10.10.5, Pro Tools 10,11,12.7.1, Logic Pro X 10.2, UA Apollo 16 quad, UA Octo Pcies, Dangerous Music 2 Bus, Antelope Audio Satori, Lynx Studio Hilo, Neve 542, Neve 511, API 505 DI, Bettermaker CV502. Avid Artist Mix, Avid Artist Control, Softube Console 1 mk11.
Old 10-21-2018, 05:42 PM

Default Re: Pro tools 2018 / Digi 002 Mixer Faders issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjewel View Post
Try turning off automation read .... and see if your faders respond as they should ... it looks like an automation issue from your video
I don't think i got any automation on this session, but if i did by mistake, how do i turn the automation off?
Old 10-21-2018, 05:43 PM

Just go to the channel in pro tools and take it off read
Mac Pro 2x2.8 ghz Intel Zeon, 20 gig ram, Yosemite 10.10.5, Pro Tools 10,11,12.7.1, Logic Pro X 10.2, UA Apollo 16 quad, UA Octo Pcies, Dangerous Music 2 Bus, Antelope Audio Satori, Lynx Studio Hilo, Neve 542, Neve 511, API 505 DI, Bettermaker CV502. Avid Artist Mix, Avid Artist Control, Softube Console 1 mk11.
Old 10-21-2018, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Just go to the channel in pro tools and take it off read
Yeah, tried that, does not work. The issue seems more complex than that. Even my left and right button doesn't make the Digi002 react. The green light on my mix button is on, then when I press on the edit right next to it, the light stays on mix almost like I didn't press edit but Pro tools, however, does react to it.

Ps, i rebooted the Digi002 and my computer about 4 times already...
Old 10-22-2018, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdose View Post
Yeah, tried that, does not work. The issue seems more complex than that. Even my left and right button doesn't make the Digi002 react. The green light on my mix button is on, then when I press on the edit right next to it, the light stays on mix almost like I didn't press edit but Pro tools, however, does react to it.

Ps, i rebooted the Digi002 and my computer about 4 times already...
How does your volume automation lanes look? Make a new session and then import your tracks from the offending session. Before hitting OK go to the bottom of the import window and select "Choose" for "Track data to import". In there deselect "volume automation".
Old 10-22-2018, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onosendai View Post
How does your volume automation lanes look? Make a new session and then import your tracks from the offending session. Before hitting OK go to the bottom of the import window and select "Choose" for "Track data to import". In there deselect "volume automation".
Hey! Tried that too but was unsuccessful. As a matter of fact, i created a completely new session with 16 empty tracks: no automation, no wave, nada! I tested it and I can safely conclude that as soon as I press ''play'' (either on the digi or on pro tools itself) it triggers a freeze on my Digi002. So now im kinda feel like there's a connection issue between the Digi and Pro tools but what is it?

Last edited by Kdose; 10-22-2018 at 08:11 PM.
Old 10-23-2018, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Hey! Tried that too but was unsuccessful. As a matter of fact, i created a completely new session with 16 empty tracks: no automation, no wave, nada! I tested it and I can safely conclude that as soon as I press ''play'' (either on the digi or on pro tools itself) it triggers a freeze on my Digi002. So now im kinda feel like there's a connection issue between the Digi and Pro tools but what is it?
Then it doesn't appear to be an automation issue, but some mis-communication between PT and the unit. Have you tried resetting it?

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=362536
Old 10-23-2018, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onosendai View Post
Then it doesn't appear to be an automation issue, but some mis-communication between PT and the unit. Have you tried resetting it?

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=362536

I posted a new youtube video that sums up my explanation below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgDPShe1Zik

I got something new now. I dug for sessions I did about 3 months ago: none of them shows the issue. I press play, move the faders: no problem at all. The faders are kinda jumpy (I guess I need to clean the machine) but other than that, no issues. Now, I'm really wondering what's the issue with my newer sessions. I can't even create a new session without this annoying problem. I am wondering where that glitch coming from or which button/option did I mistakenly activated and how to disable it. Speaking of which: Is there any way to set my entire protools session on a factory default?

Last edited by Kdose; 10-23-2018 at 06:36 PM.
Old 10-24-2018, 11:41 PM

Quote:
I posted a new youtube video that sums up my explanation below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgDPShe1Zik

I got something new now. I dug for sessions I did about 3 months ago: none of them shows the issue. I press play, move the faders: no problem at all. The faders are kinda jumpy (I guess I need to clean the machine) but other than that, no issues. Now, I'm really wondering what's the issue with my newer sessions. I can't even create a new session without this annoying problem. I am wondering where that glitch coming from or which button/option did I mistakenly activated and how to disable it. Speaking of which: Is there any way to set my entire protools session on a factory default?
You can reset pro tools by trashing its preferences. If the issues only occur in the specific session maybe try and make a save session copy and see if that works or import your new tracks into a copy of one of the old "working" sessions. If the latter works then it's likey a compatibility problem with the latest version of PT, which will likely happen at some point.