Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 04-23-2004, 05:39 AM

Default 6.4 is Flakey, or am I

I just installed the 6.4 Upgrade was running 6.1.1

Machine is Dell optiplex GX270 2.8ghz, 2 gig ram, 40 gig system drive 80 gig firewire drive dedicated to PT sessions.

during the install I upgraded the firmware when requested, windows then refound the Digi002R and gave me an option of two drivers, one was marked with 11 one was marked with a 12, I picked the 12 (figured it was newer).

I now seem to have sessions locking up more (was a rare issue on 6.1.1) happens allot now when importing audio to track, also there seems to be issues when inserting a plugin onto a track, tracks eq, sometimes will peg the channel and make a constant HP squell.

I do like the +12 db, look and feel is is cool, but not important, I do think that digi needs one enhancment and that is on a track basis, the need to be able set up any track and play along and hear that track without having to record on that track, kind of like practice mode, be useful when trying to figure out a good lead

Here is a sugggestion for that arm button on each track should be color coded green for play, yellow for practice and red for record.

enough on that, if anyone is having similer issues above, please respond asap

Old 04-23-2004, 05:50 AM

Default Re: 6.4 is Flakey, or am I

Well, I'm checking on my 002, not a 002r, but the driver should be Dalwdm.sys located here: c:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\Dalwdm.sys

Mine is file version 6.4.0.138

You may wish to uninstall PT, hunt for all instances of Dalwdm and delete them, then reinstall.

I don't know about the TRacks EQ bug b/c I don't use TRacks.

My system hasn't been locking up at all, some things seem a tad slower, like creating a new track, but overall it feels a bit more stable for my setup.

You can monitor an input without recording it by creating an Aux Track and setting it's input to a hardware input, but that versatility on an audio track would be nice. I believe there is a feature request form somewhere on digi's site.

Good luck getting things sorted out.
Old 04-23-2004, 05:53 AM

Quote:
I do think that digi needs one enhancment and that is on a track basis, the need to be able set up any track and play along and hear that track without having to record on that track, kind of like practice mode, be useful when trying to figure out a good lead

For this issue, try to enable Input Only mode under the operations menu (I think, I am not at home to look at my PT computer, but that option is there somewhere) Yours is set for auto input mode right now.

Hope this helps.

--joe
Old 04-23-2004, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Quote:
I do think that digi needs one enhancment and that is on a track basis, the need to be able set up any track and play along and hear that track without having to record on that track, kind of like practice mode, be useful when trying to figure out a good lead

For this issue, try to enable Input Only mode under the operations menu (I think, I am not at home to look at my PT computer, but that option is there somewhere) Yours is set for auto input mode right now.

Hope this helps.

--joe
Duh! Don't I feel stupid now. Don't hit record then play, just leave your track record enabled with input only mode turned on and hit play without hitting record.