Originally Posted by Keybeeetsss View Post
Couldn't hold it hunh
I tried
Old 11-15-2010, 07:15 AM

Default Re: recording with plug ins on the track

Viva la rezurection of the old threads!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd513 View Post
i didnt get any help anyway was never going to just the usual forum trolls that have nothing better to do than crash peoples posts same old troublemakers as always
Since the guy is still looking at this good forum, I'm wondering why he even posts or come here to read when he "knows" he wont get any answer to his question and will get the "same" BS as there is usually.... Of course the fact that he is obnoxious is not the cause.. nooo nooo. it's always other peoples fault ain't it?

Quote:
ok smart guys since you guys think you know everything... are they not using auto tune while they are singing in this video? does this guy need singing lessons to? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjdB0AeS4LA so maybe before you start bashing people you should get current with modern recording techniques and how people use technology in 2010 not 1985
NO idea if the guy needs signing lessons. The mic of the camera was saturating so much that you could barely make a male voice over a cat being squeezed into a compactor.

Quote:
and im pretty sure are bieng used by the top producers in the US so excuse me for wanting to do cool stuff and be creative
What's being creative in using the same technique 3000 other people uses that are in the top charts? Nothing, it's just copying. There is so much AT out there today that not using it, is being original and creative!

P.S the person who made AT popular, but for the wrong reasons, wasn't timberland.. but Cher, and with her, even AT raised the white flags.

Pfft, to those who took the time to answer him kudos.
Old 09-24-2014, 08:31 PM

Default Re: recording with plug ins on the track

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxcarola View Post
In HD in most cases you have little or no latency (at least no more than ANY digital recorder like Sony 3348). Such a small latency is a problem only in certain cases like cymbals.
there are some plugins that use a large buffer (like limiters with "look ahead" function and some reverbs) but usually TDM plugins are OK.
You'll have latency issues in HD if you use RTAS plugins.

I like to record the plugins sound just as I was used to do with analog consoles. To do that I create Aux tracks of the channels where I put the plug ins and use a bus to send it to the recording track. So all I do with the plugins in the aux gets recorded and I'm able to keep secret my "secret" bass drum or snare eq and compression. ;-D

Also very useful when recording guitars with Eleven.

And you'll have a lighter session when it's mixing time since you will be able to just "disable" the aux channels without loosing the settings used in the record session.

The best

MAx
I thought you answered exactly what needed to be answered. Actually, your answer helped me tremendously .. thank you Max! THANK YOU!
I actually stumbled into the AUX send trick by just playing around with options... I was just trying to accomplish being able to hear reverb while recording, and that's how I accomplished it, by creating sends to AUX tracks, and send the AUX track output (or send) to the headphones mix... pretty cool stuff!.. I never thought of recording the output of the AUX track itself. That's AWESOME! I'll give it a try!