Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2012, 04:59 AM

Default Pro Tools closing mid session, no error message

i'm experiencing a really strange bug in Pro Tools on a couple of sessions I'm working on. As the title suggests pro tools appears to be closing itself down with no word of warning and without the "Pro Tools has just quit unexpectedly" message I'd expect to see when a program crashes. The first instance was recording vocals on a 30 channel session, after a good take we stopped playback (and record)and Pro Tools just closed down. There was no lag, no spinning wheel, the session didn't freeze, pro tools closed and was left staring at the systems desktop. this has also happened when editing drums (tabbing to transients). I've done pretty much everything avid has recommended for tweaking Lion for compatability with Pro Tools, uninstalled and then reinstall pro tools and all plugins and at a complete loss as to why this is happening.

I'm running Pro Tools 10.2.0 on OSX Lion (10.7.4) 6GB of ram with 2x2.26Ghz xeon processors . The soundcard is an SSL madixtreme 64 in the Pci-e slot which is being clocked from an SSL Alphalink. I have a UAD quad pcie card installed as well and the graphics card is an ATI radeon. I have 2 hard drives for the mac. One for the OS and pro tools app and then macintosh HD2 which stores all projects. Both drives have been partitioned as I have bootcamp running windows on the other partition drives.
Old 07-29-2012, 05:47 AM

I have the same problem ! HD3 8 core 2.8 - PT 10.2
Old 07-29-2012, 07:07 AM

Isn't bootcamp a big no no?
2xHD madi - 2xHD omni -
Old 07-31-2012, 03:12 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools closing mid session, no error message

I have no idea if it is, I've got it as I'm in the process of switching over from Pro Tools to sonar and still using it for a few sessions for long term clients.

Anyway, from a thread on gearslutz, there seems to be an issue with SSL Duende native plugs with 10.2 that didn't appear when I was running sessions from 10 or 10.1.2. As a result I've rolled back pro tools to 10.1.2 to see how thing go. I'm using the channel strip and XVerb quite a lot in my sessions and in not in a position to switch or upgrade to other plugins. http://www.gearslutz.com/board/pro-t...g-crashes.html