Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2011, 07:29 AM

Default Constant midi note on

Hi all.
I am working with digi 003 console and pro tools 8.
When I am creating a midi channel and rout my keyboard (Nord Stage) to it (using an aux channel for the audio), I am having a constant midi note (low B) recorded when ever I start to record. (midi in and out is connected from the keyboard to the digi and back).
Besides that, every knob, fader or button on my controller, when touched, plays this note. this is not happening when using a virtual instrument.
Any ideas how to resolve that? I have tried all kind of solutions from changing cables, restarting everything possible and so on...
Old 01-06-2011, 07:45 AM

Default Re: Constant midi note on

Need more info here. What OS? What version of PT? you have 2 controllers(the Nord and the 003) so you need to specify which as you describe your issues. Post a Sandra report too as that may point out a hardware issue.
Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting!
When using the Nord as you sound source, why not use a stereo Instrument track, which combines midi and AUX functions in a single track? have you checked that MIDI thru is turned on? Have you tried unplugging the midi cable going back to the Nord while recording?

If you are on Windows 7, try updating the firewire driver and let Windows install automatically(having an internet connection makes this quick and easy). While I know that Avid is recommending the use of the legacy firewire driver, for me that was a mess and reverting solved some issues for me.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 01-06-2011, 07:58 AM

Default Re: Constant midi note on

Thank you albee for the answer.
I a running:
OS - windows 7
PT - 8.04
Midi thru is on.
midi goes back to the nord in order to use the keyboard's internal sounds.
I tried to use an audio track as well as an instrument's track but the problem was not fixed.
where can I find the firewire driver update?