Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2002, 03:28 PM

Default MBox: No Sound Manager Input?!?

Has anyone been able to select the MBox inputs under Sound Manager? Is it even possible?

I'd be very annoyed if it can't...

Thanks!

-Dave
Old 06-26-2002, 03:47 PM

Default Re: MBox: No Sound Manager Input?!?

i just noguth the mBox yesterday and i am discovering this very problem today. this might make me return this thing. this is really pissing me off. i needed am I/O box that worked with PT and other things - i perform with the computer and that certainly doesn't involve protools ( i uses max/msp, supercollider and reaktor)
in fact i am also discovering that when it is used as the output of soundmanager, i can't use asio soundmanager in supercollider, it defaults to soundmanager as its driver, but with a buffer size of 2048 - which sounds like it's not what the mBox wants, it works for one cycle then spits out garbage.
i hate hate hate proprietary hardware. digi is really making me mad.
PT 2022.10
UAD-2 Apollo Quad, PCIE and Satellite
Old 06-27-2002, 08:26 AM
Avid

-The Digidesign Control Panel only supports audio Output of Sound Manager through Digi hardware. As a result, MBox (or any of our other hardware) cannot be used as an alternate Input source for the Mac Sound Manager.

-Supporting the Direct I/O protocol is the only means by which third party software can access Digidesign hardware as both an audio input and output device.

-If your third party software is compatible with ASIO, you may download the Digidesign Direct I/O ASIO Driver here.

Brent
Old 06-27-2002, 08:36 AM

this is maddening.
what is the point of making hardware that doesn't work with all apps? it would certainly sell more if it was more universal.
i use apps that recognize ASIO, but if i switch to the ASIO Digi direct I/O they can't load the Digi Init...
PT 2022.10
UAD-2 Apollo Quad, PCIE and Satellite
Old 06-27-2002, 08:56 AM

wow. I got over the lack of sound manager drivers under os9 2 years ago. I thought this was common knowledge. It pissed me off too. rendered (no pun intended) our aurora fuse card worthless on the new dual 800 g4 we got useless. sold the AM3 and said...screw analog video, went DV and havent looked back.

FYI.. you can route audio OUT the cards/mbox using the digidesign control panel. Just no input. Why? ask digi as it did work under os8.6