Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 10-06-2021, 10:45 AM

Default UVI Falcon - missing from Avid account

I don't need Falcon from Avid as I purchased it direct from UVI so I can use it in Digital Performer and standalone. Got an email from UVI saying they just released V2.5 as a free update. I know Avid is slow to push out Falcon updates; I went to my Avid account and can't find Falcon or the Avid Falcon library. Was curious to see what the current version is that Avid has.

Is Falcon no longer available to PT users from Avid?

QAPLA!
Old 10-06-2021, 10:51 AM

Default Re: UVI Falcon - missing from Avid account

Mine shows up and is v2.1.7
Old 10-06-2021, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfyou View Post
Mine shows up and is v2.1.7
Where is it? While looking in the 'My Products' section I looked in the PT line where my PT 2021.6 downloads are and there's nothing Falcon related. I wonder if that's because I no longer have an active update/support plan? Also it's not in the Download Center.

QAPLA!
Old 10-06-2021, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Where is it? While looking in the 'My Products' section I looked in the PT line where my PT 2021.6 downloads are and there's nothing Falcon related. I wonder if that's because I no longer have an active update/support plan? Also it's not in the Download Center.

Correct.

All the added software is for users with active plans. Once you let it lapse, you no longer have access.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-06-2021, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post
Correct.

All the added software is for users with active plans. Once you let it lapse, you no longer have access.

I never saw anything like that for Falcon or the Avid Plugsound library for Falcon that I remember. If this is true then why do I still have access to Melodyne Essentials in my account? Can you point out where you see this?

QAPLA!
Old 10-06-2021, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
I never saw anything like that for Falcon or the Avid Plugsound library for Falcon that I remember. If this is true then why do I still have access to Melodyne Essentials in my account? Can you point out where you see this?

It’s under the Pro Tools Annual Upgrade Plan section. You don’t have an active plan, so you don’t have access to it.

Melodyne is different. Audio to MIDI functionality is linked to Melodyne, so you will still have access to that as the last version of Pro Tools you had access to is probably a version after that functionality was added. I don’t know what version you’re on, so just guessing.

Old 10-07-2021, 04:29 AM

Quote:
It’s under the Pro Tools Annual Upgrade Plan section. You don’t have an active plan, so you don’t have access to it.

Melodyne is different. Audio to MIDI functionality is linked to Melodyne, so you will still have access to that as the last version of Pro Tools you had access to is probably a version after that functionality was added. I don’t know what version you’re on, so just guessing.

I'm on PT 2021.6 which was the last available to me before I stopped paying the yearly Avid tax. But as I wrote I don't recall seeing anything in my account products page that expressly said the availability of Falcon and the Plugsound Edition were tied to having an active support & upgrade plan. Fortunately I purchased Falcon direct from UVI so I could use it in my other daw (DP) as well as standalone. It's the Avid Plugsound add-on I wanted to make a safety copy of. That and I wanted to see what revision Falcon was for those who use the Avid supplied version.

QAPLA!
Old 10-07-2021, 05:01 AM

Default UVI Falcon - missing from Avid account

https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...nd-Workstation

How does the licensing work for the UVI plug-ins?

Active Pro Tools and Pro Tools Ultimate products will receive a subscription license (called "Avid Falcon AAX"), which will have the same end date as the Pro Tools license. Also note that the Falcon Factory content is also protected by the same Avid Falcon AAX license.
All Pro Tools First products will have the download links for UVI Workstation, which is a license-free product.

Old 10-07-2021, 05:19 AM

Quote:
https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...nd-Workstation

How does the licensing work for the UVI plug-ins?

Active Pro Tools and Pro Tools Ultimate products will receive a subscription license (called "Avid Falcon AAX"), which will have the same end date as the Pro Tools license. Also note that the Falcon Factory content is also protected by the same Avid Falcon AAX license.
All Pro Tools First products will have the download links for UVI Workstation, which is a license-free product.

Thank you for that but that talks about end date of license and says nothing about having an active support/update plan in place. I have a permanent license for PT.

QAPLA!
Old 10-07-2021, 07:44 PM

IIRC mine got renewed when I paid for the annual Ultimate Support / Update plan. I have a perpetual license but pay for that. The Avid Pro series plugins are also tied to that.