Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2012, 06:11 PM

Default When loop is TCE'd to grid then duplicated out, it doesn't match the grid.

Recently upgraded to 10 and have used PT for a long time, so it's killing me not knowing what's going on.

I'll pull in a loop, turn my time compression expansion tool on and stretch the loop to the grid. I'll zoom in to make sure it started at the bar on the grid, and make sure I zoom in on the end of the loop to make sure it's the exact measurement. I'll highlight it, and I'll duplicate it...and the duplicate gets off the grid. After a few duplicates, I zoom in and notice at the tale of the loop, it looks as though there's not a straight line and it will hang over a bit (on every duplicate). So then the duplicate winds up not matching the grid.

I've always done my click like this. I'll find a straight loop, snap it to the grid w/tce, then duplicate it out....then use that in place of a click. Then I'll do my drums to the grid, TCE other loops and arrange, etc. In PT10, it's not working. So do I not have something clicked or check marked...or do I have something checked? If I duplicate a bar I should get exactly two bars....not have it hang over by a few samples.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance!
Old 11-23-2012, 09:34 AM

Default Re: When loop is TCE'd to grid then duplicated out, it doesn't match the grid.

look up sample rounding...
e