Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2002, 07:18 PM

Default The all new Acid Pro 4.0

Okay, I just got my 4.0 upgrade, and was really stoked to get a copy of the classic 8 packs loops for free. Pretty sweet deal, right? I mean, upgrade for $100, free loops CD? Yeah, I thought it was, until I saw what Guitar Center was selling the boxed version for. It's $150, but you also get 6 (that's right, count 'em: 6) full discs of loops, in a variety of genres. All I have to say is this:

poop.

[img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Anyway, I just wanted to get that off my chest. I'd love to tell you guys how 4.0 works, but I've got to wait until I build the new computer before I install, so it'll be a couple weeks...in the mean time, has anyone else messed around with it yet? Anything to watch out for?

paul
Old 10-11-2002, 05:01 PM

Default Re: The all new Acid Pro 4.0

Wow! Are you sure about the 6 CD's?
I am interested but when I looked into it, it seems that it's just the Classic 8Pack CD.
I did notice that the bundle includes Sound Forge 6.0. Maybe confused SF6.0 with 6 CD's??
I checked Guitar Center's online source "www.usiciansfriend.com" Thanks!
Old 10-11-2002, 09:41 PM

Yup...absolutely sure. I'm looking at the catalog right now. 6 full loops disks: a $300 dollar value, included in the box with Acid 4.0. The thing is, when I bought the upgrade from Sonic foundry, I bought the "boxed" version. They sent me the upgrade disk, the content disk, the startup manuals, and the classic 8-packs disk: BUT, no actual box. I'm wondering if the actual first set of boxes contain the loops disks...hmmmmm. Anyway, you can bet your booty that I'm gonna spend the cash to get the loops (as long as I can find out what loop disks are included) and will then sell the rest of the software to someone. I just want the loops!
Old 10-12-2002, 03:35 AM

Acid 4 rocks!

Having VST instruments and 5.1 panning is unbeleivable in this app.

I do beleive the asio driver is a bit buggy, but I was assured that this issue would be fixed in the next build.

Cheers! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

38, 39 what ever it takes.
Old 10-12-2002, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by basschair:
I'm wondering if the actual first set of boxes contain the loops disks...hmmmmm. Anyway, you can bet your booty that I'm gonna spend the cash to get the loops (as long as I can find out what loop disks are included) and will then sell the rest of the software to someone.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">call up sonic foundry and complain! don't spend a dollar and make them pay you! you got ripped. make 'em aware of that. call investor services if you get nowhere - that usually works with other companies...
Old 10-13-2002, 12:27 AM

da BaSsTaRd! : they still make the best video editing program available on the PC for a cost twice less than competition....
They fix bugs quickly and implent a lot of user requested features...

I wouldn't complain
Old 10-13-2002, 08:49 AM

Hey guys, I just received my Acid 4.0 with 6 discs plus classic 8 pack and Sound Forge Studio 6.0. All for $150.00 from musiciansfriend.com.

I just started playing with it and it's a blast!!
Old 10-13-2002, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by da BaSsTaRd!:
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by basschair:
I'm wondering if the actual first set of boxes contain the loops disks...hmmmmm. Anyway, you can bet your booty that I'm gonna spend the cash to get the loops (as long as I can find out what loop disks are included) and will then sell the rest of the software to someone.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">call up sonic foundry and complain! don't spend a dollar and make them pay you! you got ripped. make 'em aware of that. call investor services if you get nowhere - that usually works with other companies...<hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yeah, I got hosed. I just emailed cust service, investor relations, and another one, and hopefully I'll get a response in the next few days. It'd be nice to have them explain why it is that they are more concerned over getting new customers than over maintaining a repeat user base. I'm not saying that they should show preference to anyone: I'm just saying that they should have offered their repeat customers a similar incentive.

I hope that no one else had to deal with this in upgrading to Acid 4.0. If so, email the company...

paul
Old 10-16-2002, 08:27 AM

[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Just got my Acid 4.0 order from musicians friend and it included not only the classic 8 pack but 6 CD's. While I'm estatic over all the extra's I do sympathize with those who did the upgrade and only received the 8 pack. This is a classic example of why people pirate software. If company's would do the "right thing" I'm sure most of us wouldn't mind paying for it...

eye2iRt
Old 10-16-2002, 09:36 AM

I am considering getting this bundle. What are the 6 loop CD's that wwere included?