Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 11-15-2021, 02:54 AM

Default Re: Auto Align Post Update!! Great Improvement in your Dialog

Good to know about the unprocessed out. Unfortunately it's rarely recorded in addition to the processed signal when the recordist doesn't have a 2-channel AES42 Tx/Rx and no one on set uses cables any more. (hence all production audio is black above 16kHz in RX these days )
And yes, they can't build the compensation into the mic as it would add a significant latency.
Old 11-15-2021, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Kruse View Post
Good to know about the unprocessed out. Unfortunately it's rarely recorded in addition to the processed signal when the recordist doesn't have a 2-channel AES42 Tx/Rx and no one on set uses cables any more. (hence all production audio is black above 16kHz in RX these days )

Well if you're seeing black above 16kHz, you are probably working on Zaxcom recorded tracks
Internal sampling rate is 32kHz AFAIK. We run 8 channels of Zaxcom on location, so I'm quite familiar with it ;-) I've long avocated for cabled booms on location, but that's just not realistic anymore on shoots these days. I'm not often recording on location anymore, but last year I went to replace our sound mixer 1 day and I have to admit you can work way faster when everything is running wireless. It was a shooting day starting in a car, with me following in a second car, then quickly going to a next location, setting up and shoot (with running an outside stereo wireless ambient mic on immediately etc.). With cables this wouldn't have been possible so quickly (let alone that connecting 2 cars with cables would be pretty dangerous )))

For the SuperCMIT shoot that we'll be doing sound post for, the sound mixer is recording processed and non-processed signals of the SuperCMIT. We talked about it beforehand and I'm very glad he provides both signals.

Greetings,

Thierry
Old 11-15-2021, 04:21 AM

Yeah I hear you. You can rarely run cables on today's fast paced shoots. It wasn't a complaint.