Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 03-21-2017, 02:42 PM

Default Re: free ADR cueing software

Quote:
Originally Posted by laki View Post
Feature suggestion, more for Music sheets than ADR (but not imperative)

The ability to specify what TC range will be exported. Sometimes we have multiple versions of the show in the same PT session.
Done.

Also, added a thing I needed - ability to import markers as a 'virtual track'. You can use the markers for simple cueing tasks.

Pete
Old 03-22-2017, 01:52 AM

Supremely awesome Pete!
Old 03-30-2017, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laki View Post
Supremely awesome Pete!
Ha ha, cool.

1.5.4 up, one ADR function (sorry Laki but that's where I'm busiest at the moment! Haven't been mixing recently) and one function that's useful for the music lists And ADR.

There are now 3 different cue numbering options:
Simple cue numbering CUE_001, CUE_002 etc
Episode + cue number EP1_CUE_001, EP1_CUE_002 etc and
Episode + cut number + cue number EP1_CUT2_CUE_001, EP1_CUT3_CUE_002 etc
(and as I'm typing this I realise there needs to be a cut number + cue number without the episode number! Sorry, I work a lot in episodic TV!)

The other new thing is you can name a track [PRODINFO] and that is scanned as a special metadata track (and ignored for normal export use) for session wide metadata. So far the recognized region groups in that track are

Title=Title Name
If set this will override the use of the filename as the Title.

Director=Director Name
This will set the director name in the export options dialog automatically

Supervisor=Supervisor Name
This will set the supervisor name in the export options dialog automatically

Episode=Episode Name or Number or Reel=Reel Name or Number
This will set the episode / reel name or number in the export options dialog automatically

Cut=Cut Name or Number or Version=Version Name or Number
This will set the cut/version name or number in the export options dialog automatically

Notes=Note text
This will set the notes in the export options dialog automatically. This isn't actually output anywhere yet but will be soon

Probably best to create the required (they're all optional) region groups in the [PRODINFO] track then lock and hide it so it isn't accidentally edited.

Pete

Last edited by Pete Gates; 04-03-2017 at 07:38 AM. Reason: Added extra info
Old 04-20-2017, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhumphries View Post
Is there a way to do this in reverse? If i were to start out with a spreadsheet with say 100 spot names or ISCI codes in once column and 100 time codes in another column, is there a way to import that as markers into a protools session?
Hi,
I have a beta version that does this. You can give it a text list (a two column tab separated timecode and name list or a three column timecode, name, comment list) and it'll put in markers. It's beta, as currently, once you set it going you can't stop it till it's done (and there's not a lot of error checking on the Mac version). If you want to try it though, contact me. If you want to wait and try the proper version, probably about a month.

Pete
Old 04-20-2017, 09:34 AM

Forgive my ignorance, but what does ADR stand for? I understand what the app does, I just don't know all the alphabet soup.

Old 04-20-2017, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
Forgive my ignorance, but what does ADR stand for? I understand what the app does, I just don't know all the alphabet soup.
ADR

•2019 Mac Pro 3.5 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon W - 48 GB 2666 MHz DDR4 (OS 10.15.5) •HD Native PCIe, HD Omni, 192 I/o, Pro Tools Ultimate •Avid S3 + Dock •Blackmagic Intensity Pro (HDMI) •5.1 Room with JBL LSR4300 series

Additional Systems

•2010 Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon - 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 (OS 10.14.6) •HD Native PCIe, 192 I/o, 96 I/o, Pro Tools Ultimate •McMix (x4), McControl (x1), JLCooper Surround panner for D-Command ES, Avid Control •Blackmagic Intensity Pro (HDMI) •7.1.4 Room with JBL LSR4300 series

•2017 MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz i7 - 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 (OS 10.14.6) •HD Native TB, HD Omni, Pro Tools Ultimate •McMix (x1), McControl (x1), Avid Control * or * D-Command ES Main Unit •Fed into whichever system is the main system
Old 04-20-2017, 10:54 AM

Pete,

Nice utility you have here. I've been testing it on a low budget indie. I think I originally replied on Gearslutz but this seems like a better place.

One question and maybe I'm missing it - is there a way to print the Out TC as well?

Will
Old 04-20-2017, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfyou View Post
Pete,

Nice utility you have here. I've been testing it on a low budget indie. I think I originally replied on Gearslutz but this seems like a better place.

One question and maybe I'm missing it - is there a way to print the Out TC as well?

Will
Hey Will,
Yeah, I'm here much more often than Gearslutz. Not currently as I never use the OUT T/C, just gets in the way for me. I do get that other people want it though so I'll make it an option, won't be till early next week though.

Pete
Old 04-20-2017, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Young View Post
Thanks. I remembered right after I saw your post. (slap forehead!). Its hard to keep all these acronyms straight!

Old 04-20-2017, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Gates View Post
Hey Will,
Yeah, I'm here much more often than Gearslutz. Not currently as I never use the OUT T/C, just gets in the way for me. I do get that other people want it though so I'll make it an option, won't be till early next week though.

Pete
Great, thank you very much. I usually don't use the Out myself unless I'm actually loop recording but I guess I'm used to printing it .