Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2007, 06:41 PM

Default OS 10.4.10 and PTLE launch

Success! Just got done. It's great again. Apple's OK. Think I'll shave and clean-up and go outside finally... no more caveman here. Thought I'd say what I did. Just got brand new iMac 2 days ago, 2.4Ghz, 20", 2GB, what a machine except.... can't install and launch PTLE. Issues with 10.4.10. Can't go backwards so, what do you do? I was cursing Apple and Digidesign. Read the posts. Was erasing and reinstalling numerous times...nothing. Trying to launch PT was always freezing up the screen with a restart your computer message. I was using my 7.0 discs to try and install at first. That always failed. I had the downloadable software upgrade of 7.3 somewhere but I was coming from using PTLE on a windows machine and I thought that the discs would be more stable, plus I couldn't find the Mac version of 7.3 at first ( finally found it on my old G4 mac that I used for downloading and then transfering files to the my windows machine that wasn't hooked up to the internet). Anyways I ran the Pace prebinder and tried that (it always said there was no need that my Mac was OK). Then, as the posts have said, I didn't upgrade any software (which I had done earlier once) after I had reinstalled OS 10.4.10 also. I shut off the software upgrade upon a reinstall. Then I tried my 7.0 disc for the 4th time...it crashed again. I then turned off and restarted. I found and installed 7.3.cs1(I think that's the version...7.3 anyways for sure) right on top of the faulty 7.0 install (which had never worked). I launched and saw the Digi start-up emblem!!.....however it wanted my authorization code. Couldn't find it for the software version (inside cover of Upgrading to 7.3?...what?) Found a printout receipt for the download of 7.3 and there it was! Typed it in and I'm back! Brand new system and all's well! Just have to wait for my new OWC Mercury Quad firewire drive that I ordered and will probably add a second monitor screen also now that I'm so hyped. I was thinking of going back to Windows there for a while (XP worked great with 7.3 for me) but now I'm back on Mac where I belong! Hope I don't jinx myself but just thought everyone should know there's hope and a good thing awaiting. Just have totally clean installation...don't upgrade any software ( like iTunes 7.4 or any of the updates for OS 10.4.10) ... and get PTLE 7.3.cs1( I think that's the version I had...PT 7.3 for sure) installed on your machine and it just might work for you also. Good luck, I'm outside after 2 days of this stuff!! Keith.
Old 01-05-2008, 11:43 AM

Default Re: OS 10.4.10 and PTLE launch

Quote:
Success! Just got done. It's great again. Apple's OK. Think I'll shave and clean-up and go outside finally... no more caveman here. Thought I'd say what I did...

Just got brand new iMac 2 days ago, 2.4Ghz, 20", 2GB, what a machine except.... can't install and launch PTLE. Issues with 10.4.10. Can't go backwards so, what do you do? I was cursing Apple and Digidesign. Read the posts. Was erasing and reinstalling numerous times...nothing.

Trying to launch PT was always freezing up the screen with a restart your computer message. I was using my 7.0 discs to try and install at first. That always failed. I had the downloadable software upgrade of 7.3 somewhere but I was coming from using PTLE on a windows machine and I thought that the discs would be more stable, plus I couldn't find the Mac version of 7.3 at first ( finally found it on my old G4 mac that I used for downloading and then transfering files to the my windows machine that wasn't hooked up to the internet).

Anyways I ran the Pace prebinder and tried that (it always said there was no need that my Mac was OK). Then, as the posts have said, I didn't upgrade any software (which I had done earlier once) after I had reinstalled OS 10.4.10 also. I shut off the software upgrade upon a reinstall. Then I tried my 7.0 disc for the 4th time...it crashed again. I then turned off and restarted. I found and installed 7.3.cs1(I think that's the version...7.3 anyways for sure) right on top of the faulty 7.0 install (which had never worked). I launched and saw the Digi start-up emblem!!.....however it wanted my authorization code. Couldn't find it for the software version (inside cover of Upgrading to 7.3?...what?) Found a printout receipt for the download of 7.3 and there it was! Typed it in and I'm back! Brand new system and all's well! Just have to wait for my new OWC Mercury Quad firewire drive that I ordered and will probably add a second monitor screen also now that I'm so hyped. I was thinking of going back to Windows there for a while (XP worked great with 7.3 for me) but now I'm back on Mac where I belong!

Hope I don't jinx myself but just thought everyone should know there's hope and a good thing awaiting. Just have totally clean installation...don't upgrade any software ( like iTunes 7.4 or any of the updates for OS 10.4.10) ... and get PTLE 7.3.cs1( I think that's the version I had...PT 7.3 for sure) installed on your machine and it just might work for you also. Good luck, I'm outside after 2 days of this stuff!! Keith.
I've done all of that and still have nothing.
Apple G5 OS 10.4.11 running Pro Tools 7.3.1cs5 with Digi 002 console.

My machine froze on me and I restarted the machine with the power button.