Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > MBOX Studio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2022, 12:36 PM

Default Re: MBOX Studio....First Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhartman View Post
...Even though I assigned it in audio midi setup, it seems like YT playback shows up on the main internal channel 1 of channel 1-2 of DAW playback, and Internal 8...
Can you confirm that you set Left to MBOX Studio Internal 7 and Right to MBOX Studio Internal 8 in AMS > Configure Speakers?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2022-11-29 at 12.34.04 PM.jpg (33.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-29-2022, 12:37 PM
Avid

Quote:
OK, FINALLY saw the tiny return knob, so thanks, now have FX.

I just need some help with this Loopback thing, I cannot get this going into PT. I'm not brilliant but I have used Loopback in the past with UAD, just can't get it going here.

Even though I assigned it in audio midi setup, it seems like YT playback shows up on the main internal channel 1 of channel 1-2 of DAW playback, and Internal 8. Just baffling.

No call back from AVID support still.
Would you please post a screen grab on the MBOX Studio speaker config in AMS? Let's see what's going in there. It sounds like you may have L assign to 1 and R to 8.
Old 11-29-2022, 12:50 PM

Hey guys, that was it. Had the wrong assignment in AM Setup, now working great.

I wonder why YouTube audio has to be almost be off to get control it's level? Never happened to me on the UAD...?

OK, now totally up and running thanks to you guys. Now I can start working and report back in a few days! But it already looks like an overall winner!
Old 11-29-2022, 12:57 PM
Avid

Quote:
OK, FINALLY saw the tiny return knob, so thanks, now have FX.

I just need some help with this Loopback thing, I cannot get this going into PT. I'm not brilliant but I have used Loopback in the past with UAD, just can't get it going here.

Even though I assigned it in audio midi setup, it seems like YT playback shows up on the main internal channel 1 of channel 1-2 of DAW playback, and Internal 8. Just baffling.

No call back from AVID support still.
Quote:
Hey guys, that was it. Had the wrong assignment in AM Setup, now working great.

I wonder why YouTube audio has to be almost be off to get control it's level? Never happened to me on the UAD...?

OK, now totally up and running thanks to you guys. Now I can start working and report back in a few days! But it already looks like an overall winner!
Awesome! Great news Tom. 🙌🏼

The "hot" audio from YouTube is a known issue and something that we'll be addressing in our next update. Stay tuned...
Old 12-27-2022, 12:13 PM

Quote:
...I wonder why YouTube audio has to be almost be off to get control it's level...
Please install MBOX Control 1.0.1. This will update the MBOX Studio's firmware which has improved loopback gain staging.
Old 12-27-2022, 08:11 PM

Thanks works great.

I do wish it wouldn't have panned everything in mono again, etc and changed up some things I had set, but at least that problem is solved! Thanks!
Old 12-30-2022, 08:33 PM

I have never had such a hard time getting hold of Avid Support. After 2 days of trying to get my MBOX Studio to work with Windows 11 I read where a guy stated he had to put his on it’s own computer. I had a second harddrive so I put Windows 10 on it and everything Avid started installing. While going through all this process I started calling other Avid phone numbers and got a Shipping Department. She had to send an email to two tech support members. Why does Avid seem to only work by emails and not the phone? Anyway after I got things up and working I finally got a notice from one of the Tech support people wanting to know how they can and best time to contact me. Before I could answer them they apparently noticed I got MBOX Studio and Pro Tools Artist up and running and closed the ticket. This has been a frustrating event. I had the Windows 10 Disk but my new Laptop did not have a CD/DVD player so I needed to download the ISO. Had to contact Microsoft. By contrast, I got Microsoft help in getting the ISO windows 10 file downloaded and put on a USB memory stick withing 30 minutes. When I need PayPal’s help I just have to get a number and when I call them enter that number and have someone within 5 minutes or less. I do not understand why this is so hard. After much searching for a quality unit with the least issues I found that was Avid’s MBOX Studio. And once running it is just that! A Quality experience. Seems it likes Windows 10 better than Windows 11. After getting it running on it’s own Windows 10 drive I tried upgrading to Windows 11. Even after upgrading software and firmware for MBOX and software for Pro Tools MBOX had some audio output issues and I reverted back to Windows 10 and all was working again. I do hope they get the drivers for 11 working before Microsoft stops supporting 10.

Having said this, there must be a method to their madness so to speak. By having to wait for a reply and getting desperate if forced me to look and find an answer and that it did. I am sure they would be there eventually to assist if I could find no answer! :) This forum is a great addition
Pro Tools Studio 2022.12

Last edited by Bubbalou88; 12-30-2022 at 09:00 PM.
Old 12-31-2022, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbalou88 View Post
I have never had such a hard time getting hold of Avid Support. After 2 days of trying to get my MBOX Studio to work with Windows 11 I read where a guy stated he had to put his on it’s own computer. I had a second harddrive so I put Windows 10 on it and everything Avid started installing. While going through all this process I started calling other Avid phone numbers and got a Shipping Department. She had to send an email to two tech support members. Why does Avid seem to only work by emails and not the phone? Anyway after I got things up and working I finally got a notice from one of the Tech support people wanting to know how they can and best time to contact me. Before I could answer them they apparently noticed I got MBOX Studio and Pro Tools Artist up and running and closed the ticket. This has been a frustrating event. I had the Windows 10 Disk but my new Laptop did not have a CD/DVD player so I needed to download the ISO. Had to contact Microsoft. By contrast, I got Microsoft help in getting the ISO windows 10 file downloaded and put on a USB memory stick withing 30 minutes. When I need PayPal’s help I just have to get a number and when I call them enter that number and have someone within 5 minutes or less. I do not understand why this is so hard. After much searching for a quality unit with the least issues I found that was Avid’s MBOX Studio. And once running it is just that! A Quality experience. Seems it likes Windows 10 better than Windows 11. After getting it running on it’s own Windows 10 drive I tried upgrading to Windows 11. Even after upgrading software and firmware for MBOX and software for Pro Tools MBOX had some audio output issues and I reverted back to Windows 10 and all was working again. I do hope they get the drivers for 11 working before Microsoft stops supporting 10.

Having said this, there must be a method to their madness so to speak. By having to wait for a reply and getting desperate if forced me to look and find an answer and that it did. I am sure they would be there eventually to assist if I could find no answer! :) This forum is a great addition
I know this sounds crazy but after a Moderator told me they had absolutely no issues with Windows 11 with Pro Tools and MBOX Studio I tried one more time. I changed nothing and only did the upgrade to Windows 11. Everything running fine this time! Hoping it stays that way because I like Windows 11 better for security, looks and updated features.
Pro Tools Studio 2022.12