Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2023, 06:02 PM

Default Re: Dolby Renderer 5.0 ilok missing

On the Avid "my products" page it says (try that last link, it goes to a page called "Bad Request"):
Quote: "To install Dolby Atmos Renderer:
1. Double-click the Dolby Atmos Renderer installer package (Dolby_Atmos_Renderer-x.x.x.pkg).
2. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation. For support with Dolby Atmos Renderer, please visit the Dolby Professional Support Site

Need help configuring your Dolby Atmos Renderer hardware? Please visit Dolby’s website for a list of Dolby Atmos Certified Service Partners who can assist."

_______

and at the end of this Avid Support Page:
https://avidproduction.force.com/avi...e-support-page

I cannot even submit a report here, as there is no "submit" button at the end of filling it all out with a lengthy detailed explanation !

Just about every page on both Avid and Dolby takes forever to load - especially the "My Products" page.
and don't get me started on wasting my time with what I thought was an Avid Technical Support person in a chat window, which turned out to be a BOT after being asked multiple questions that turned into a dead-end with the bot referring me back to the page I had started on.

So I tried to cancel the entire transaction, but then the Avid returns store at:
https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...ds-and-Returns

says:
Page Not Found: /articles/en_US/faq/Avid-Online-Store-Refunds-and-Returns
Stay tuned. Please try again later.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Page Not Found.jpg (33.6 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Tweakhead; 03-21-2023 at 06:22 PM.
Old 03-21-2023, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweakhead View Post
On the Avid "my products" page it says (try that last link, it goes to a page called "Bad Request"):
To install Dolby Atmos Renderer:
1. Double-click the Dolby Atmos Renderer installer package (Dolby_Atmos_Renderer-x.x.x.pkg).
2. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation. For support with Dolby Atmos Renderer, please visit the Dolby Professional Support Site

Need help configuring your Dolby Atmos Renderer hardware? Please visit Dolby’s website for a list of Dolby Atmos Certified Service Partners who can assist.
This has the URL doubled - https://professional.dolby.com/conte...ons-Resellers/ - I'll get that to the team to fix it.
Quote:
and at the end of this Avid Support Page:
https://avidproduction.force.com/avi...e-support-page

I cannot even submit a report here, as there is no "submit" button at the end of filling it all out !
Curious how you got there, since support should be an avid.com page like avid.com/learn-and-support/contact-audio-and-music-support
Quote:
Just about every page on both Avid and Dolby takes forever to load.
Would be helpful to know which pages but you've already spent too much time on this so I'll check with the webteam.

Quote:
and don't get me started on wasting my time with what I thought was an Avid Technical Support person in a chat window, which turned out to be a BOT after asking multiple questions that turned into a dead-end and referred me back to the page I started on.
Not a great experience, very sorry about that. Best to Create A Case from my.avid.com > Access the Support Center > My Equipment
Old 03-21-2023, 06:37 PM

Quote:
...So I tried to cancel the entire transaction, but then the Avid returns store at:
https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...ds-and-Returns

says:
Page Not Found: /articles/en_US/faq/Avid-Online-Store-Refunds-and-Returns
Stay tuned. Please try again later.

The KB article was changed from Online-Store to Webstore which broke the link. It should be loading this article. Reported.
Old 03-21-2023, 07:10 PM

If anyone has trouble with this upgrade please Create A Case under Account Support at avid.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/faq/Avid-Webstore-Refunds-and-Returns then reply here with the case#.
Old 03-21-2023, 07:33 PM

Hey Jeffro,

Question, since we're on the topic. In our Avid Accounts, if we have the $99 Dolby Atmos Produciton Suite listed under the My Special Offers Tab (as part of having a Protools Studio Subscription); is that deal still good?

When I click on the link to Add to Cart, it goes to an empty cart in the Avid store, probably because DAPS doesn't exist any more.

I never cashed it in because I already have a full license for DAPS and only one Mac. So having a second license wasn't much use to me. But now that the new DAR works on Windows, that could be kind of cool.

Lenovo P50: quad-core i7-6820hq, 64GB, 2TB SSD, Win 10 Pro / Protools Ultimate 2023.6 / HD|Native-TB
2018 MacBook Pro: six-core i9, 32GB, 1TB, Monterey / Protools Studio 2023.6, / DVS / DAR, L-ISA Studio

Home/mobile: Focusrite Red 8Pre+HD32R / Clarett 4Pre
Road/hotel: Roland OctaCaputre / Apogee One
Old 03-21-2023, 08:40 PM

I can't find how to upgrade on my Avid account. There is no option to pay $50 for upgrade. I can download the software from Dolby and ask for a demo license but i have to surrender the DAPS license i bought for $300. I'd rather keep that one in case i need to downgrade and buy one more for $99 to do the upgrade but that option disappeared. Things are a little weird and i also found the Dolby site very convoluted with a lot of dead links.
Old 03-21-2023, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubxf View Post
I can't find how to upgrade on my Avid account. There is no option to pay $50 for upgrade. I can download the software from Dolby and ask for a demo license but i have to surrender the DAPS license i bought for $300. I'd rather keep that one in case i need to downgrade and buy one more for $99 to do the upgrade but that option disappeared. Things are a little weird and i also found the Dolby site very convoluted with a lot of dead links.
Yes, I'd rather do the same $99 payment at this point, get my $50 back, and get to keep my existing Dolby Atmos Renderer iLok asset, but I get the same result as ubxf, that link doesn't work for me either.
https://my.avid.com/products#MySpecialOffers

If I click "Add To Cart", it doesn't do it, and I just get presented with a page that says "Signing you in", then "Your cart is empty"

and now I'm seeing something on my account page that says:
"Add Missing System ID / Claim Your Upgrade", which links to https://my.avid.com/products/SupportUpgrades
After filling out all my info, I get an error, and clicking on the purple "?" all I see is Media Composer Tutorial Videos which I don't even own, and then a warning message:
"System ID is invalid. Please specify a different System ID"
My Pro Tools Ultimate "System ID" is already on my account page, if I enter that 8-digit number in the box it again says in bold RED:
"System ID is invalid. Please specify a different System ID." .... so what is this other one I'm being asked for?

Talk about confusion. I have no idea what on earth is going on at Avid.
If I'm logged in already, why doesn't the system already have all my required info at hand ? What's the point in an account ?
Talk about artificial intelligence.

This website seems so broken. Does anyone check this stuff before it goes on line ?

I'm already down $50, and I might be down another $99 if only I can put it in my Avid cart. (hint hint - we're trying to give you money!)
You can currently buy the entire DAW Logic Pro X with a built-in Dolby Atmos Renderer for $199 (with endless free updates), and I've already got it. I don't really wanna have to go there but this is starting to get so convoluted . . . .

P.S. I created a case as per Jeffro's instructions, but I don't want to post any case numbers on a public forum. I'd rather it was dealt with via the customer support channels. I will update further if this gets resolved.

P.P.S. I also noticed while filling in every digital form and questionnaire under the sun a little pop-up menu giving us all a partially hidden clue that there's in fact a Pro Tools 2023.3 in the works ! . . . so only 10 days or perhaps less for a PT update. Maybe there'll be an integrated Atmos Renderer, thus rendering all this previous useless nonsense into the atmosphere.

P.P.P.S. ohh ! maybe this is why. The $99 offer text actually says:
"As a 1-year Pro Tools Studio or Pro Tools Ultimate subscription customer"
and I have a permanent license. maybe they put it in my "Offers" by mistake. Who knows at this point.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Avid Dolby Special Offer $99.jpg (21.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Pro Tools 2023.3.jpg (49.8 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Tweakhead; 03-21-2023 at 11:01 PM.
Old 03-21-2023, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubxf View Post
The product in Special Offers should be updated this week. The upgrade is available from avid.com/plugins/dolby-atmos-renderer#show-2 (click Buy Now based on the product you own).
Old 03-21-2023, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Yes, I'd rather do the same $99 payment at this point, get my $50 back, and get to keep my existing Dolby Atmos Renderer iLok asset...
I think i found your case so will follow up there since your situation is a bit unique. Please look for a case notice email and reply to that as needed. Thanks!
Old 03-22-2023, 04:15 AM

Ok now i see the option to upgrade only. My special offer to buy an additional license is gone. I was trying to do that for the last few days it would go to the cart and get get lost.It took me quite a bit of effort to get everything working consistently i'm not sure about jumping in and giving up my current license.
I did the same thing when i moved from 10HD to 11HD i purchased an extra license because i didn't want to surrender the old one. And at that time it proved to be the right decision.