Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 05-11-2013, 09:09 PM

Default G-Force will NOT convert to AXX they want Avid to make a wrapper-plz read email sent

Now that some time has passed and I see 99% of all the plugins I own and PAID for! Are AXX now Except for ONE. Well three really I own three from this company. Please READ this email I just received recently from a representative of G-Force. This company is NOT going to convert their plugins to AXX as you can read here in this email to me. They want AVID to make a WRAPPER. So if Avid does not make a wrapper we are all **** out of luck once we get past pro tools 11 if you like their plugins as much as I do. I for one do NOT want to work in pro tools 10 to use my three plugins from this company, though I see the value in this. I want this company to make an AXX conversion as well. I'm really surprised they refuse to. I thought mostly everyone here posts of all the major companies with convert to AXX. Well NOT here with this company. And I love their three instruments I use.

Dear Bla bla

For the last two years we've been working on 64-bit updates and these will be free to registered users. However, as for an AAX version, at present we have no plans to port any instruments to this new format.

If this new format is critical, right now the best thing to do is contact Avid and SugarBytes to encourage a solution to the VST to AAX wrapper that was announced a while ago.

Regards

Dave

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dave Spiers

[email protected]
www.gforcesoftware.com
Old 05-11-2013, 09:18 PM

Default Re: G-Force will NOT convert to AXX they want Avid to make a wrapper-plz read email s

Wow that's nice customer service lets get somebody else to fix our problem

And we're not going to move forward with anything just going to maintain the status quo

What we ought to do is ask avid to reduce the price for developers to pay to use the AAX development kit whatever is
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:09 AM

Default Re: G-Force will NOT convert to AXX they want Avid to make a wrapper-plz read email s

Wait/don't upgrade to 11.

VE Pro.

Move on.

There have been other threads about this, but essentially they've decided to abandon their PT users. Plain and simple. "making a stand" it seems, in an attempt to "force" Avid to do something it thinks isn't in the best interest of the AAX format.

And I happen to agree. I am very happy PT has made it to 64bit without bridges and AAX should grow without wrappers. Get on board, or get out of the way.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 05-12-2013, 04:38 PM

Drew ...

Please don't misrepresent what G-Force have said. It's simply unnecessary.

They have decided not to do an AAX port at the moment, preferring to focus their efforts on a new product, having spent most of the last two years 'porting' to different formats and bit resolutions, mostly in the form of free upgrades.

They are not making a stand and are not attempting to force Avid to do anything.

They did suggest that people wanting to use its products in PT11 could try lobbying Avid in an attempt to get it to change its mind regarding the AAX wrapper situation.

They also said that if enough people are interested, then after they've completed their new product work they will review the subject of AAX porting.
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)
Old 05-12-2013, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelpry View Post
Drew ...

Please don't misrepresent what G-Force have said. It's simply unnecessary.
They have decided not to do an AAX port at the moment, preferring to focus their efforts on a new product, having spent most of the last two years 'porting' to different formats......
Who is misrepresenting G-Force when they (as you state) "have decided not to do AAX port at the time"?... while porting over to "other formats" the last two years...
Old 05-13-2013, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek View Post

VE Pro.

Move on.

There have been other threads about this, but essentially they've decided to abandon their PT users. Plain and simple. "making a stand" it seems, in an attempt to "force" Avid to do something it thinks isn't in the best interest of the AAX format.

And I happen to agree. I am very happy PT has made it to 64bit without bridges and AAX should grow without wrappers. Get on board, or get out of the way.
Agreed. If i need to use them, I'll use VEP.

Poor decision on their part.
DSP & IO : Pro Tools HDX2(2018.3), 2x UAD Octo, HDIO 16x16 Analog IO(3), HDIO 16x16 Digital IO
Plugins: Avid, DMG Audio, Kush, oeksound, P'n'T, Plugin Alliance, Softube, SoundTheory, Sonnox, Sound Radix, SoundToys, UAD, VEP, etc
Hardware: API, Chandler, Hardy, Moog, Neve, Shadow Hills, Smart, Summit, TC Electronic M6000, UREI, etc
Microphones: Telefunken, Neumann, Shure, AKG
Old 05-13-2013, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek View Post

"making a stand" it seems, in an attempt to "force" Avid to do something it thinks isn't in the best interest of the AAX format.
Drew, this sentence bears no relation to reality in terms of the reasons G-Force has declared for not porting to AAX at this time.

This small company has had enough (2 years) of porting for little or no reward (mostly free updates, as that's what people 'expect'). During that time it has not been able to work creatively on developing new products. It has, rightly or wrongly, depending on viewpoint, decided to make developing new products its top priority once its 64bit implementations are released.

G-Force suggested that its users contact Avid regarding the wrapper issue, as it is unable to offer an alternative solution for its customers at the moment.

That is a long way from 'making a stand' and 'attempting to force Avid' to do anything.

While I'm not particularly happy with G-Force regarding AAX, I do understand and respect both their decision and their honesty on the subject.

Please let's not vilify them for something they HAVEN'T said. It's enough to criticise them for what they HAVE said.
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Old 05-13-2013, 03:41 AM

Nigel,
Perception IS reality. He's telling his Pro Tools customers..."I'm tired of porting to new formats, having just spent 2 years doing so with other formats" (why this is of interest to PT users who simply want to be able to use software they've paid for in the current "industry standard" DAW, I don't know) "and therefore won't do it". So AU and VST get 64 bit support but you don't because I'm "tired"? All seemingly because Avid won't support some OTHER companies software.

And him being a bad business man isn't my problem either. If the financial health of the company requires that you charge for AAX updates, do it. Don't NOT do it and them blame your lack of support on it.

It's pretty simple, and it's all BUSINESS. I'm not going to get all touchy feely for this guy.

Tell it to Softube.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelpry View Post
Drew, this sentence bears no relation to reality in terms of the reasons G-Force has declared for not porting to AAX at this time.

This small company has had enough (2 years) of porting for little or no reward (mostly free updates, as that's what people 'expect'). During that time it has not been able to work creatively on developing new products. It has, rightly or wrongly, depending on viewpoint, decided to make developing new products its top priority once its 64bit implementations are released.

G-Force suggested that its users contact Avid regarding the wrapper issue, as it is unable to offer an alternative solution for its customers at the moment.

That is a long way from 'making a stand' and 'attempting to force Avid' to do anything.

While I'm not particularly happy with G-Force regarding AAX, I do understand and respect both their decision and their honesty on the subject.

Please let's not vilify them for something they HAVEN'T said. It's enough to criticise them for what they HAVE said.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 05-13-2013, 05:01 AM

Drew, I'm absolutely fine with what you've just said. It's all genuine opinion, and justifiable as a point of view.

I just wanted to challenge the 'making a stand' and 'trying to force Avid' comments, which, IMO, cannot reasonably be inferred from what G-Force have said.

Sure you are entitled to express those views, and I'm entitled to suggest they are garbage.

Like I say, I've absolutely no problem with with you've now said. I don't necessarily agree with the tone of every word you've chosen to use, but I have every sympathy with the sentiment of what you are saying.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:19 PM

Seems that G-Force is being unjustly villainized. Anyone with verifiable info care to elaborate on what their actual plan/ambition is so we can push opinions aside?