Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2023, 09:27 AM
Avid

Default Re: EUCON 2022.12.1 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimsat View Post
I should clarify that like @BigBadBill I'm referring to the Memory Location Names in the "Control Lower" area.

I rarely use the Memory Location Soft Keys in the "Control Center" set up on the iPad but I just checked and, unlike the Memory Location Names in the "Control Lower" part, these don't lose their names when moving focus away from Pro Tools and back.

So hopefully we're talking about the same thing here Eddie.
Thats was the missing link. I was looking at the main keys. You are correct the lower ones do need a refresh. We will fix this.
Old 03-15-2023, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Thats was the missing link. I was looking at the main keys. You are correct the lower ones do need a refresh. We will fix this.
Thanks Eddie.
Old 03-29-2023, 10:53 AM

Default Re: EUCON 2022.12 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
This is unlikely the software version as nothing in the networking has changed. To make sure we are talking about the same thing....you are saying that the surfaces are not showing up in the All Surfaces list on the left in EuControl?

Theres an App called Discovery, it lists all the Bonjour services(EUCON uses Bonjour to find surfaces). If you run this App when the surfaces are not showing can you see them listed in Discovery App?
Hi, I am still having the issue. S1 and Dock are often disappearing and I need a reboot to fix it.

They are connected through a second independent router which I only use for EUCON with not internet access.
The router is connected to my Mac using a USB to Ethernet adapter.
Mac IP on USB 10/100/1000 LAN 2: 192.168.179.2
S1 has this IP: 192.168.179.6

The iPad (which is also connected via Ethernet to the same router) and the Fire tablet (which connects via Wifi) are not affected and show up fine in EuControl under Surfaces.

In the discovery app under _EuConProxy._tcp only iPad and Tablet get listed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2023-03-29 at 19.38.54.jpg (32.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-29-2023, 11:01 AM
Avid

Those IP's are OK. If both the S1 and Dock disappear it would say its not them but something in common. Maybe power saving settings in either the router or the USB to Ethernet? What happens if you just connect the S1 directly to the adapter is that stable? (Remember to power cycle everything)
Old 03-30-2023, 06:36 AM

Ok, the USB to ethernet adapter is working fine, S1 or Dock both show up when I connect directly.
It must be something with the second router then, which is the only thing I added to the setup, to have a separated WiFi for EUCON in close proximity.

It is stable after a reboot, but I can reproduce the problem when turning off the S1 or the Dock. Then they will disappear from the All Surfaces list and won't show up again after I turned them back on.
Actually the iPad (connected via cable through a lightning to ethernet adapter) is also giving problems when I close the app and try to reopen, although it shows up under My Surfaces unlike S1 and Dock, see screenshot.
Edit: I tried the iPad through WiFi and same problem.
No problems whatsoever with the Amazon Tablet though which connects via WiFi to the same router.

I could not find any power saving settings in the router menu.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2023-03-30 at 15.20.41.jpg (31.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-30-2023, 08:16 AM

Ok, nevermind, I ditched the router and connected S1 and Dock through a simple old hub to the main network, the surfaces are working fine now.

But I noticed I still get very bad performance on the iPad (Pro 10,5") via Wifi. Meters and timecode are responding super slow, while on the Amazon tablet everything is smooth.

I installed an AirPort Express now as a Eucon Wifi thing on the desk and also tried it close to the main router. I also tried switching off the "handoff" and "mouse and keyboard" feature in iOS. What could it be?

(iPad is working fine when connected through ethernet with that lightning to LAN adapter, but I actually would prefer connecting it via Wifi, so I can take it out of the dock, also it is charging super slow when using the ethernet adapter).
Old 03-30-2023, 08:50 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by klaus_arp View Post
Ok, nevermind, I ditched the router and connected S1 and Dock through a simple old hub to the main network, the surfaces are working fine now.

But I noticed I still get very bad performance on the iPad (Pro 10,5") via Wifi. Meters and timecode are responding super slow, while on the Amazon tablet everything is smooth.

I installed an AirPort Express now as a Eucon Wifi thing on the desk and also tried it close to the main router. I also tried switching off the "handoff" and "mouse and keyboard" feature in iOS. What could it be?

(iPad is working fine when connected through ethernet with that lightning to LAN adapter, but I actually would prefer connecting it via Wifi, so I can take it out of the dock, also it is charging super slow when using the ethernet adapter).
Airports are notoriously bad.
Old 03-31-2023, 04:48 AM

I see, but it is not performing better on the Wifi of the main router (fritz box 6490 cable), even when I bring it close to it, while the fire tablet is smooth.
Must be something with the iPad. It works a bit better after restart in flight mode with only WiFi on.
I guess I will just stick to ethernet on the iPad for now and, I spent already too much time with fixing this setup...
thanks
Old 03-31-2023, 10:04 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by klaus_arp View Post
I see, but it is not performing better on the Wifi of the main router (fritz box 6490 cable), even when I bring it close to it, while the fire tablet is smooth.
Must be something with the iPad. It works a bit better after restart in flight mode with only WiFi on.
I guess I will just stick to ethernet on the iPad for now and, I spent already too much time with fixing this setup...
thanks
Its strange as iPads are usually better at this.
Old 04-01-2023, 09:13 AM

Where is the EUCON installer for 2022.12.1.153?? My tablets updated from 2022.12.1.34 to 2022.12.153 overnight yet Avid does not show a .153 installer available!! This broke my use of Avid Control app. Come on Avid... Get it together...

Is there a link to the 2022.12.1.153 installers anywhere??

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.