Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 10-14-2021, 04:14 AM

Default Control app and Cubase requests

Any chance of the following being implemented?

1. Meter colour designer. Cubase allows you to set points at which the colours change. This will help with integration as the user can customise the meter appearance for their own needs.

2. Can there be an option for the pan info on the meter designer to be a bar rather than a dot? The same one that you find in the mixer view. It would take up less space and make more sense for stereo mixing.

3. The EQ graph view shows curves from the basic Cubase EQ, but it doesn't show the low and high cuts that come before the EQ module. These would be really useful as these are often the most utilised forms of EQ.

4. Since reference level isn't yet plumbed in to the Control app, would it at least be possible to be able to set the level back to zero easily. If I move the bar to change the level, it's almost impossible to get it back to zero. Double clicking the bar would be a good way of doing it, although that currently engages the cut feature.

5. When filtering the types of tracks from the Control app, there's no way to select Rack Instrument tracks found in Cubase. These would ideally be part of the Instrument group or there could be a seperate option for Rack Instruments when selecting the types of tracks to display.

Let me know if any of this is Steinberg's job and I'll forward it on to them.

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cubase metering appearance editor.jpg (33.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-15-2021, 12:48 PM
Avid

Default Re: Control app and Cubase requests

I'm afraid to say this is pretty much all on their EUCON adapter plate. We can help with anything needed if they want to add these things.
Old 10-16-2021, 07:35 AM

With point 1, does the adapter plate allow for the meter colours in cubase to show in the Control app if Cubase sends that information? If it does, would there be a way of selecting "meters from DAW" in settings?

Point 2 would surely be down to AVID? I'd just like the option of the purple pan bar rather than the quadrant with the dot.

With point 4, it seems the double click function is already in the Control app, however, it is duplicated in the cut function. This request wouldn't be Cubase specific. Double clicking on the volume bar in the monitoring section would resetc it back to zero. This would be a useful feature regardless of DAW.

Thanks
Old 10-16-2021, 08:25 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vex One View Post
With point 1, does the adapter plate allow for the meter colours in cubase to show in the Control app if Cubase sends that information? If it does, would there be a way of selecting "meters from DAW" in settings?

Point 2 would surely be down to AVID? I'd just like the option of the purple pan bar rather than the quadrant with the dot.

With point 4, it seems the double click function is already in the Control app, however, it is duplicated in the cut function. This request wouldn't be Cubase specific. Double clicking on the volume bar in the monitoring section would resetc it back to zero. This would be a useful feature regardless of DAW.

Thanks
1. Eucon provides the DAW with the ability to set all the meter break points/types etc but can't set the actual colors, these are either the blue or green colors.

2. I understand what you are asking now. Thanks for the suggestion

3. Likewise I get this now