Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8

Old 12-28-2008, 03:39 AM

Default pro control fader pack

I have read an article by Stevie Winwoods producer - he has purchased a separate monitoring unit because he says that the monitoring on the procontrol degrades the signal - any view or advice please
regards
J

Last edited by jerico; 03-26-2009 at 12:49 AM. Reason: could not remember how to do a new post
Old 02-10-2009, 04:20 PM

Default Re: pro control fader pack

Hi Jerico

Normal ... it is sleeping. Push the utility button and there are setting for sleep/no sleep + others. While you are there try Vegas mode to test all lights. Also there are setting for each fader ... these are covered in the manual. See http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...id=100&eid=119

M
Old 02-12-2009, 01:19 PM

Is that changed functionality? The PC and fader pack on my Mix Plus never sleep.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxtn View Post
Hi Jerico

Normal ... it is sleeping. Push the utility button and there are setting for sleep/no sleep + others. While you are there try Vegas mode to test all lights. Also there are setting for each fader ... these are covered in the manual. See http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...id=100&eid=119

M
Old 02-12-2009, 04:11 PM

Hi Maxtn
Many thanks for that. Should the leds and read out flicker in sleep mode - it is all low light but there is a constant flicker. And finally do the fader packs never sleep or can you make them.

Many thanks for your help
J
Old 02-12-2009, 07:17 PM

J

All normal. To enter the utility mode for a fader pack, press on each fader pack Shift/ADD +OPT(ALT)ALL+F4 ...You can adjust like the Main unit.

By the way are you on PT8? See my previous posts regarding channel matrix issues. Please let me know if you have issues. DIGI has not answered me via email, my support contract or calls. Guess they have more important problems than PC users.

Hope this helps.

M
Old 02-14-2009, 05:24 AM

Hi Once again many thanks. I have just recieved my PT8 upgrade - I have not downloaded it yet. I have a 3.2 quad core intel mac - HD3 and Arora 16 converter. Should I hold fire with PT8 or should I bite the bullet.
My best for now
Jerico
Old 02-14-2009, 06:18 AM

Hi J

I don't know much about your computer... are you Tiger 7.4 or Leo 7.4.2.

Regardless my advise and many other of this Conference is to always have a backup plan; that is a fresh HD, fresh Leo install on that HD and fresh PT install. Test each plugin after loading so you know any problems. I keep copies of the Plug downloads on a seperate drive to rebuild and archive.

Lots of work but I have been using this practice since Mix to HD and I have never had a bad install or problems. Always stay compliant with Digi and problems are few.

The Channel Matrix issue is my first big problem and Digi called me Friday and will be testing next week in their lab. I generally run dual HD's until Digi works out all bugs, I am currently running PT7.4 and PT8. This has saved me on this issue as loss of channel matrix is big for PC

Keep me posted

Good luck,

M
Old 02-14-2009, 09:33 AM

Hi M

Im using leopard 10.5 -I'll watch this space for Digi's response. I'm loving the PC I am i behind you in both HD and fader pack. I keep thinking one more pack will make two either side of the main and edit pack - but why stop there... Or am I just nuts?

Thanks again for all your help
Warm regards
J
Old 02-15-2009, 05:28 AM

Hi J

Thanks... the config. is more related to workflow and need. Although I have 32 faders I very often bank faders to the main unit just to save movement. Remember PC is now 4-5 years out of production and your investment in PC faders is in old technology. If you are a home studio and want to fix your rig at current config. then go for it, if not keep your money for new stuff. My PC was purchased for a 24MIX system in 2001.

Just an observation.

M