Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 02-18-2020, 05:07 PM

Default How do I transfer my current Pro Tools 12 to my new computer?

Hi,

I am currently using Pro Tools 12 on my Macbook Pro. My Macbook is from 2009 and I'm having a lot of problems with it now because it is over 10 years old. It randomly shuts itself off, and is hard to turn back on.

I will be purchasing a new Mac computer very soon to be able to continue working.

How do I transfer my current Pro Tools 12, my Steven Slate SSD4Library Platinum, and my Trigger 2 plug-ins to my new computer?

Thank you for your time,
Miguel
Old 02-18-2020, 05:32 PM

Default Re: How do I transfer my current Pro Tools 12 to my new computer?

Welcome to the Community

Just install all of them on your new computer and install ilok license manager aswell and just connect your ilok key into the new Mac. No need to uninstall or deactivate as the plugins and PT you have are all ILOK licensed.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 02-18-2020, 09:29 PM

Also if you buy a really new computer, you may have to update your PT to newest version. Compatibility info here.
Old 09-17-2020, 04:25 PM

Default How do I transfer my current Pro Tools 12 to my new MacBook Pro?

Hi,

I was using Pro Tools 12 on my old Macbook Pro. My Macbook was from 2009 and I was having a lot of problems with it because it is over 10 years old. It would randomly shut itself off, and isn't turning on at all anymore.

I purchased a new Macbook Pro computer 10.14.4 Mojave to be able to continue working.

How do I transfer my current Pro Tools 12, my Steven Slate SSD4Library Platinum, and my Trigger 2 plug-ins to my new computer?

I only have my old Pro Tools 10 disk that I purchased in 2011, I upgraded to ProTools 12 online a few years ago. I do have all my account info for Avid and iLok, including my iLok key.

Thank you for your time,
Miguel
Old 09-17-2020, 04:57 PM

Default How do I transfer Pro Tools 12 to my new MacBook Pro?

Hi everyone,

I was using Pro Tools 12 on my old Macbook Pro. The Macbook is from 2009 and I was having a lot of problems with it because it is over 10 years old. It randomly shuts itself off, and sometimes takes days to turn back on.

I purchased a new Macbook Pro computer 10.14.4 Mojave to be able to continue working.

I only have my old Pro Tools 10 disk that I purchased in 2011, I upgraded to ProTools 12 online a few years ago. I do have all my account info for Avid and iLok, including my iLok key.

Thank you for your time,
Miguel
Old 09-17-2020, 05:12 PM

Thank you for your input, I finally bought the new computer. But I'm having some issues figuring out how to install Pro Tools 12 into the new computer. I only have the disc for Pro Tools 10 that I purchased back in 2011. I upgraded to PT 12 online.

How can I install Pro Tools 12 without having the PT 12 disc? I have the iLok key with the account, and I have my Avid account as well.

Please help,
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Welcome to the Community

Just install all of them on your new computer and install ilok license manager aswell and just connect your ilok key into the new Mac. No need to uninstall or deactivate as the plugins and PT you have are all ILOK licensed.
Old 09-17-2020, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiguelProTools View Post
How can I install Pro Tools 12 without having the PT 12 disc? I have the iLok key with the account, and I have my Avid account as well.
You can download the installer from your account. Since this is a new MacBook setup, the best way to do things is to fresh install everything. You’ll have to obtain installers for all your other products via your accounts with them.

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 09-17-2020, 10:09 PM

PT12 is not supported on Mojave, compatibility info here.
Old 09-18-2020, 12:05 PM

and, don't use Apple's Data Migration when moving to a much newer computer(that's just asking for trouble)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 11-09-2020, 03:44 PM

Thank you for your response, Janne. I understand that Pro Tools 12 isn't supported by Mojave. I looked through your link with the compatibility info as well.

Based on that info, do you recommend that I downgrade my MAC OS Mojave 10.14.4 to an earlier version? And if so, which do you recommend to be the best option?

Or do you think it's a better idea to just upgrade my Pro Tools 12 to the newest version of Protools?

If I upgrade to the newest Protools, will it go off sync with my Focusrite Scarlett 18i 20 interface, and my Presonus Digimax FS Preamp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
PT12 is not supported on Mojave, compatibility info here.

Last edited by MiguelProTools; 11-09-2020 at 04:38 PM.