Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2018, 09:24 PM

Default Unable to set inputs on the I/O section

Hi, I'm currently unable to set inputs on the I/O section, I'm trying to set a path for my focusrite 2i2 on Pro Tools 12.8.2 but even though I used my set up options, Hardware, Playback Engine to set my interface, the I/O section specifically the input section doesn't allow me to create new paths, all of the options stand grayed. Can you help me?
Old 02-17-2018, 09:41 PM

Default Unable to set inputs on the I/O section

Hi welcome to DUC

What OS version are you using?

You are trying to create an input or output or bus path?

You are absolutely sure the correct playback engine is selected? (what exactly does it say?)

I recall there was a problem with the 2i2 only showing up as discrete input or output devices. What does Audio Midi setup show you? Do you see two devices? If so you can create an aggregate device in audio midi setup and then use that as the playback engine. You can also search for older posts here about that or contact Focusrite support... that one is their bug.

In the IO input/bus/output on each page delete all paths showing there and click the default button.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-17-2018, 11:09 PM

Default Re: Unable to set inputs on the I/O section

It was a problem With the MIDI section, I finally got to start recording, thank you for your reply, it helped a lot :)