Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2013, 02:57 PM

Default Pro Tools 11 license put on the wrong iLok Key [solved]

I just paid you $648.00 for my Pro Tools 11 update and you put it on the wrong iLok Key. I see the Pro Tools 11 Bundle in my iLok space, but its not on my 2nd generation key. Now I cant load anything and have a session. What the [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] is going on?!?!?!? I've been a faithful customer for 10 years and now I'm sitting here with no way to recover from this thing. Why would your system put my activation to iLok in limbo? There was no warning about possibly being sent to wrong dongle, and as I understand it, this new version of PT only works with 2nd gen iLoks anyway. It's Sunday and your offices are closed so I'm just [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]ed. Excuse the language, because I've never spoken like this before, but this is just ridiculous. I have lots of work to do, and cant do [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]. I could literally hurt somebody now. Avid, you screwed me this time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by DigiTechSupt; 11-15-2013 at 11:07 AM. Reason: resolved with iLok License Manager download (BP) and thread title changed from "Avid You Screwed Me and Cost Me Money" (JC)
Old 11-10-2013, 03:04 PM

Default Avid You Screwed Me and Cost Me Money

Uh? Well Avid has likely done nothing to "screw you" but if you have a mirror handy I think I can show you the person responsible for your problem.

If it is on the wrong iLok (or none at all?) then just move it to the right one. I am completely not following what the hysterics are over here.

Did you actually follow all the instructions with the upgrade about how to install the license in your iLok?

if you are stuck and following the upgrade instructions does not help, then OS version, ILock software version and a screenshot showing the iLok licenses may help folks help you.
Old 11-10-2013, 03:09 PM

Default Re: Avid You Screwed Me and Cost Me Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chill View Post
I just paid you $648.00 for my Pro Tools 11 update and you put it on the wrong iLok Key. I see the Pro Tools 11 Bundle in my iLok space, but its not on my 2nd generation key. Now I cant load anything and have a session. What the [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] is going on?!?!?!? I've been a faithful customer for 10 years and now I'm sitting here with no way to recover from this thing. Why would your system put my activation to iLok in limbo? There was no warning about possibly being sent to wrong dongle, and as I understand it, this new version of PT only works with 2nd gen iLoks anyway. It's Sunday and your offices are closed so I'm just [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]ed. Excuse the language, because I've never spoken like this before, but this is just ridiculous. I have lots of work to do, and cant do [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]. I could literally hurt somebody now. Avid, you screwed me this time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How did it get onto the wrong iLok key? That's a drag and drop operation initiated by the user (you!!!) isn't it??

Tell us what happened?

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 11-10-2013, 03:13 PM

I never had a 1st generation iLok but if its mandatory to have a 2nd generation then the iLok application should have caught this. There can be safe guard against things like this if its not already.
Old 11-10-2013, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboman01 View Post
I never had a 1st generation iLok but if its mandatory to have a 2nd generation then the iLok application should have caught this. There can be safe guard against things like this if its not already.
What's it matter? Just drag it back to the right key. done.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 11-10-2013, 04:21 PM
Admin Emeritus

I called Chill, and he had already sorted it out by downloading the latest iLok License Manager.

Chill, here are some posts we discussed that may help in installation and updating your Pro Tools 10 and 11 apps:
Pro Tools 11 Discussion forum >
Sticky: How to Activate and Download Pro Tools 11

...and your plug-ins:
AAX Plug-ins forum >
Sticky: Avid 64-bit AAX Plug-ins for Pro Tools 11
Sticky: 3rd party 64-bit AAX Plug-ins for Pro Tools 11
Old 11-10-2013, 04:24 PM

Where is the ROTFL emoticon for this thread??

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 11-10-2013, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Paine View Post
I called Chill, and he had already sorted it out by downloading the latest iLok License Manager.
Another above and beyond support moment brought to you by Bruce.
Old 11-10-2013, 04:53 PM

Maybe chill should be decent enough to change the thread title. Then come back and personally thank Avid/Bruce.
Old 11-10-2013, 05:07 PM

Does the irony of the username need pointing out? Nah, I think not.