How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2015, 09:56 AM

Default Getting 9093 Errors on a new PTHD 12 Native System

Hi there,

We're running Pro Tools HD 12 Native Pcie on a newly refurbished Mac Pro 12 Core 3.33 Ghz with 32 Gigs of Ram. We're on El Capitan and the PT software is a fresh install fully updated. Converters are a Lynx Aurora 16 (firmware updated) with a Digi 96i/o. We've had the system up and running for about a week.

Overall its great, very powerful rig, except we've been randomly getting a "9093" error code. It happens most often during recording, though sometimes during playback. It happens at all buffer rates and using any configuration of the converters(Aurora alone, 96 clocked to it, external BLA clock). Sometimes we'll get it once in a 5 hour session. Sometimes we'll get it 2-4 times a session.

We're coming from a PTHD 3 Accel system that was so rock solid for tracking, literally don't remember the last time it dropped out. Its really bumming me out that we did this whole upgrade and we're having this problem. Especially because we rent the studio out to outside engineers so it has to run solid. Cant expect outside guys to jump through hoops to get the system running properly.

Can anybody shed some light on how to resolve this? It would be super-ultra-greatly appreciated.
Old 12-28-2015, 10:15 AM

Default Re: Getting 9093 Errors on a new PTHD 12 Native System

Any takers?
Old 12-28-2015, 10:29 AM

Well first, it is a little hard to be sure what system you are talking about.

What exact model/date code Mac is this? Clear info would help.

If it is not a trash can....El Capitan? Really? You picked an unsupported OS X version, well known to be causing lots of folks grief with Pro Tools and described all over DUC, and other forums? What blow to the head or other trauma lead you to wanting to inflict all that pain on yourself?

If it is a trash can...(well it can't be PCIe... Unless you have a chassis....) Well you may be screwed into El Crapitan. Good luck...

There are other posts in DUC about AAE-9093 errors and folks finding solutions for them. Some related to periperals, trackpads WiFi devices. So obviously remove all periperals, control surfaces, wifi etc and see if it just works with nothing else connected to the computer.

Also what basic troubleshooting have you tried? Trash prefs, new session, etc. etc. is the computer fully optimized... Every last thing done? Dedicated audio/session drive(s) up to spec? Disk cache turned on? Tried pulling out all third party plugins?

If it is an older pre-trash can Mac and if standard troubleshooting did not quickly show an suspect I would just not piss around. I would get a clean SSD, install a decent supported OS (by pro tools and your interfaces, etc,) on it and then just install Pro Tools and the minimal drivers needed for your interface and *nothing* else and see if that works better.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 12-28-2015 at 10:42 AM.
Old 12-28-2015, 10:55 AM

Yes it is a Mac Pro tower (Pre Trashcan) Westmere processor Mid 2010.

Ive tried literally all the things you've suggested except reverting back to an earlier OSX. That's going to be a huge pain in the arse, but I guess there's no other option. Basically this post was to see if anyone had a similar problem and resolved it using El Capitan.
Old 12-28-2015, 11:18 AM

It is a relatively rare one (on AAE), so search DUC carefully.

What disk drive is the audio/sessions on? And how is that drive connected to the Mac? (SATA II? FireWire 800? Etc).

And is disk cache really enabled? "standard" is disabled, set it to say 8GB and see what happens.
Old 12-28-2015, 11:51 AM

Its an Internal Sata drive. I havent played with the changing the disk cashe. I'll try it and see.