Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI

Old 04-30-2009, 05:26 AM

Default simultaneously edit velocity for multiple copies of an event?

Hey Guys wants happening?

I was just wondering if something is possible which I think would be really useful to me in a tune I’m making at the moment.
I've duplicate several copies of a MIDI event on a track to play one after the other in sequence. I want to know if there’s an option so that when I change the velocity of a note in one of the events, the velocity of that corresponding note in the other events to automatically change with it. For example: say I change the velocity of the first note in one event, the first note of the other copies of the event change with it accordingly?
If anyone knows if this is possible, please let me know as it would be really helpful!

Cheers Guys

Neil
Old 04-30-2009, 06:44 AM

Default Re: simultaneously edit velocity for multiple copies of an event?

I'm not sure if I fully understand what your asking.

In the midi edit window I can select the note on the left side where it looks like piano keys and it highlights all the identical notes like a group and I can change the velocity for all those notes at the same time. Once you highlight the notes you want you can switch to velocity view in 7.X or use the velocity lane in 8.0. to change the velocity.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:28 AM

If you have duplicated a MIDI region, then decide you want to change something, you can turn on 'Mirrored MIDI Editing' in the Options menu.

The fact you're using 'event' instead of 'region' i think is confusing some people.

Old 05-01-2009, 04:43 PM

ah, yes thats what i was looking for Mirrored MIDI editing, nice one seedguy!