Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-04-2008, 07:30 PM

Default ***guitar amp modeling plugins***

Hey ya'll, I started a project a few years ago where I took a LES PAUL, STRAT, and a TELE and recorded dry through the DI on my Presonus ADL600, then line out of my 192I/O into a Radial XAmp and fed quite a few popular guitar amps. I mic'd the cabs with a Shure SM57 and a Royer R121 re-recording back into ProToolsHD. I am going to get back into this project again and will post high-quality MP3's at some point, but it led me to an idea..... There are so many guitar amp-sim plugins out there, most of them are really good. Would anyone here be interested in a line-up of the same exact clip through various plugins, trying to match them up to the same sound as the original amp?

IF so..... please list the plugins YOU are familiar with and would like to hear, that way I can start putting together a request list. Feel free to post here or email me direct: [email protected] -or- [email protected]

I thought this might be useful for others and look forward to diving back into it again.