Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 03-03-2010, 05:10 PM

Default Automation Continuation After Record Stop

Hi,

In older versions of Pro Tools I would ordinarily be able to enable automation on a track, do whatever I needed to do while in "write" mode, and when I stopped writing, whatever I left off with would continue...

for example, say I was doing mutes on a drum track... when I got to bar 9 I would unmute a kick... then I could stop playback and the rest of the track's automation would continue along, unmuted.

That seems to be reversed in Pro Tools 8. I have to go into each track and unmute in the automation edit. Major pain.

Is there any way to switch this back?

Any help would be deeply appreciated.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:19 PM

Default Re: Automation Continuation After Record Stop

You must have written the mute move so it keeps switching on you. on the left side of you edit window button you can view waveform, volume, and mute info. Click that and delete your move.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rqstudio View Post
You must have written the mute move so it keeps switching on you. on the left side of you edit window button you can view waveform, volume, and mute info. Click that and delete your move.
Yes I know what you're referring to. I'm trying to avoid having to go into each and every track and do that.

All I want to do is click Unmute in automation write mode and have the rest of the track continue along unmuted. As soon as I click stop on the transport, no matter what track I'm on- and this has been this way since I got Pro Tools 8- the tracks goes back to being muted. It's like I have to sit there and write 5 minutes of automation

To be clear, Pro Tools does record my automation. It's not erasing it or anything, just that when I clock stop the rest of the track data defaults to muted
Old 03-03-2010, 06:35 PM

I'm still not sure if just one track or all of them are reverting to mute, or if your playhead is going back to the spot where mute automation has been written.
Try this, click the group all, then click alt and find that mute option in the waveform box I was talking about. Click and Drag your cursor across the entire song. Everything should be highlighted. (MAKE SURE YOU'RE IN MUTE EDIT) Then simply hit delete.
If you're having problems with the song continuing from that spot after you hit stop, check the 'playback follow edit' option.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:35 AM

Thank you, I will try those things. Was kinda trying to avoid having to go in and alt click and select everything but maybe playback follow edit option is what's doing it