Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 03-04-2010, 11:44 AM

Default Crane Song Phoenix question

Hi. I checked the compatibility docs and found version 2.10.5 of Phoenix to be OK with PT 8.0.3. So I download (from Digi's site) what is listed as 2.10.53. After I installed it and checked the version using "Get Info" it showed version 2.4.4x24. I contacted Digi TS and they tried to help, but couldn't. Said it probably was the right version, but that the version info was never changed. That wasn't good enough for me. I then called Crane Song who also couldn't tell me what was going on or latest version of Phoenix. They are supposed to call back.

Anyway, can someone here who's running Phoenix OK on PT 8 on an Inel Mac please tell me which version of Phoenix shows up when using "Get Info" to check it. I'm trying to figure out what I really have and if it's OK.

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 03-04-2010, 05:02 PM

Default Re: Crane Song Phoenix question

ttt
Old 03-04-2010, 06:51 PM

http://www.cranesong.net/download.html
Old 03-04-2010, 09:38 PM

Thanks for the help with the Crane Song download page. I couldn't find that anywhere on their site.

Jeff
Old 03-04-2010, 10:08 PM

I love this plug. Did you get it working?
Old 03-04-2010, 10:16 PM

Well, I haven't had a chance to download from the page Dusty Angel steered me to. I don't know what version I really have, but it seemed to work fine. I haven't seen version 2.4.4x24 mentioned anywhere else but in my "Get Info", but that's what I supposedly have. I'll check with Crane Song again tomorrow just out of curiosity if nothing else.

Jeff
Old 03-05-2010, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNS View Post
Hi. I checked the compatibility docs and found version 2.10.5 of Phoenix to be OK with PT 8.0.3. So I download (from Digi's site) what is listed as 2.10.53. After I installed it and checked the version using "Get Info" it showed version 2.4.4x24. I contacted Digi TS and they tried to help, but couldn't. Said it probably was the right version, but that the version info was never changed. That wasn't good enough for me. I then called Crane Song who also couldn't tell me what was going on or latest version of Phoenix. They are supposed to call back.

Anyway, can someone here who's running Phoenix OK on PT 8 on an Inel Mac please tell me which version of Phoenix shows up when using "Get Info" to check it. I'm trying to figure out what I really have and if it's OK.

Thanks,
Jeff
I have called Cranesong on at least two different occasions, and they could never tell me what the latest version number was. It seems that the latest version is not at all recent, and that is is called by several different numbers, depending on where you look (installer, get info, Cranesong site, Digi compatibility list, etc.). It's really depressing that even Cranesong can't tell. If ou figure it out, please let me know!
Old 03-05-2010, 06:58 AM

Quote:

Thanks,
Jeff
If you downloaded the latest greatest and it works - what does it matter what the finder info says ?

FYI - My version states the same as yours
Old 03-05-2010, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25ghosts View Post
If you downloaded the latest greatest and it works - what does it matter what the finder info says ?

FYI - My version states the same as yours
Well, first I'd like to know that it really is the latest and second, sometimes these things appear to work and down the line one finds out that some quirk in it causes problems in certain circumstances and a newer version was later issued to correct this. But, thanks for letting me know your number is the same. Based on yours and Mark Dann's responses I have a feeling that the numbering system is just all screwed up.

Jeff
Old 03-05-2010, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Well, first I'd like to know that it really is the latest and second, sometimes these things appear to work and down the line one finds out that some quirk in it causes problems in certain circumstances and a newer version was later issued to correct this. But, thanks for letting me know your number is the same. Based on yours and Mark Dann's responses I have a feeling that the numbering system is just all screwed up. It is sad, though, that the manufacturer can't even figure out what it is.

Jeff
My SpectraFoo is version 4.2 or something like that but the Finder states it is 4.x000

So dont rely on the Finder or the vendor to actually get the numbers right.
ESPECIALLY in the case of Metric Halo. If you wanna know about bugs get Metric Halo software. It's filled with creepy bugs