Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2021, 07:00 AM

Default BOUNCE MIX presets aren't the same as the saved ones

I've been synchronizing the BOUNCE TO MIX settings I've saved on my home PT Ultimate 2021.7.0 (Mac OS 10.14.6) with my transport drive, then the same at the studio (same versions).

The settings were mostly created at home, but sometimes at the studio.

Today I recalled settings for a Discovery mix (FULL MIX, Dx, Fx, Mx, MnE, VO) and it came up wrong, just FULL MIX and FX !

After checking what I have (about 15 different ones for PBS, HBOMax, CNN, etc.), 1/2 of them are wrong, the rest are fine.

The studio has a different hardware layout so I have to check the i/o and adjust accordingly depending on where I am, but shouldn't these BOUNCE layouts be independent of that ? (aren't they tied to the bussing structure I have saved in my session, which is location independent ?).

Only thing I can think of is that they were saved in PT Ultimate 2021.3 or .6, any other ideas or is there any way to salvage them ?
I can see how I would fix the bad ones and find they're unusable in the next version..@#$**@#..
Old 08-13-2021, 07:54 AM

Default Re: BOUNCE MIX presets aren't the same as the saved ones

How have you been “synchronizing” your bounce presets?

The presets can be found here
By default, Bounce settings files are stored in /Documents/Pro Tools/Pro Tools Set- tings/Bounce/.

This is a good resource for creating, saving, importing Bounce Mix Presets

https://resources.avid.com/SupportFi....11.pdf#page13

“ The studio has a different hardware layout so I have to check the i/o and adjust accordingly depending on where I am”

—— The only I/O adjustment you should have to make would be for your monitoring path, and even that should be automatic if it’s named something obvious like “Monitor”

“but shouldn't these BOUNCE layouts be independent of that ?”

—— Not if the Bounce source is an output path named differently.

(aren't they tied to the bussing structure I have saved in my session, which is location independent ?).

Your bussing structure will need to be the same for each location for the presets to work if you’re using busses as bounce sources. The naming will need to be exactly the same. If it is not then the presets will not find a matching bus to recall

Also, It’s possible you’ve discovered a bug
Old 09-28-2021, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by its2loud View Post

Your bussing structure will need to be the same for each location for the presets to work if you’re using busses as bounce sources. The naming will need to be exactly the same. If it is not then the presets will not find a matching bus to recall

Also, It’s possible you’ve discovered a bug
My bussing structure is the same in both locations, since I start a mix at home and bring it to the studio, same for the naming convention.
Old 09-28-2021, 08:45 PM

Sounds like a bug. I haven't tried it but what you're doing is exactly how Avid describes it. Assuming you're using the "Import" command to load the Bounce presets and not just copying the files to your root settings folder?