Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2019, 06:18 AM

Default Windows 10 Auto update- now nothing works

Thank you Microsoft. Without so much as knocking you invaded my virtual home and installed your new stuff on my computer. Now nothing works.

What I have is a dedicated studio computer running PT 12 and Win 10. It is normally not connected to the internet. However I installed some new VI’s and this happens, meaning the initial PT graphic just sits...and sits. I have experienced similar fol-de-rol on my home (Win 7) computer, which I resolved by uninstalling the updates and making a change in Services to instruct Pace iLok to delay its auto start.
That works on that laptop.

After the VI download three weeks ago and the subsequent update I thought I had things back to normal by the same drill for my laptop. But apparently a delayed update got overlooked or otherwise deferred and the update occurred even those I wasn’t on the internet. This time the uninstall drill has no results. Now when attempting to run PT, it says to contact the software publisher, an error message similar to attempting to start PT w/out the iLok. The problem seems to be with the iLok, because it says I’m not connected to the net, because it acts like it’s not loading, though I can’t be sure.
So....what do sharpers minds than mine have to suggest?