Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2009, 03:03 AM

Default Axiom midi keyboard not working since PT 8

I have windows XP, SP3, PT 8 le and MPTK2 both installed fine. I have the driver for the latest Axiom 25/SP3. Since PT 8 I can't get the keyboard working in a session, no signal. I am plugging via usb straight into my laptop as I always have. Midi Set up hasn't changed. What should I do to get it working?
Old 03-11-2009, 03:57 AM

Default Re: Axiom midi keyboard not working since PT 8

DigiTechSupt, could you offer some ideas plz??

Thank you!
Old 03-12-2009, 06:39 AM

?????????? bump
Old 03-12-2009, 07:22 AM

Is it showing up in Setup>MIDI>Input Devices?

Old 03-12-2009, 08:07 AM

have you tried reinstalling the drivers ?>
unplug the usb and run the driver and then re connect the usb cable after installation >

hope this helps
Pt 8, Reason 5, Recycle 2.1, Ableton Live Suite 8.02
Plugs >
All Registered plug in's & Vinyl out the wazoo. Mp3 sucks
Old 07-21-2009, 02:54 PM

I've been having the same issue with an old midiman 1x1 usb midi interface (on Mac 10.5.6, PT8). When I reinstall the driver all is fine, but the next morning midi will be dead again and require reinstalling the driver.

Anyone know a solution or workaround (that is at least better than starting each morning with a fresh driver install)?

Thanks.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:41 AM

I'm having this same problem but with a Novation ReMOTE 37SL. PT8 is talkign to Automap fine, and I can use the Novation to control the mixer, and volume/pan etc settings on plug in instruments, but I can't actually play the instrument itself!!! Keyboard just doesn't do anything... It's working fine in Reason so I know there's no prob with the Novation.

Digi tech support please help!
M-Box 2
Novation ReMote 37SL
Pro tools 8
Reason 4
Old 09-18-2009, 07:23 PM

Hey I posted this over in the M-Audio forum hope it helps
Okay I had the same problem. It works but its a pain. First off dont use Enigma. It might just be my setup but its doesnt receive it only transmits.

Read all the way through first then do it..
Transport Controls
1. Open a New Session in PT8
2. Goto Setup>Peripherals> Machine Control> check "Enable" for Midi Machine Control Remote Slave.
3. Goto Midi Controllers (next tab to right) Type = M-Audio Keyboard the receive from and send to should both be USB port 1
4. Create a new instrument track with Xpand2 loaded
Axiom Input
First push "Recall" below the screen then with the - + buttons get to P01.
Lets map the record button.

1. Push the "Advanced" Button below the display
2. Push the "CTRL Select" Key D# then push the record button..
there are two numbers the left is the controllers number the right is its own channel which is going to be 6 when we program it.
3. Now push the Low C key or CTRL ASSIGN (dont hit advanced again). Now what is showing on the screen is 2 numbers the left one is the number of the controller selected the right number is the one we are going to change to "149" so just type 149 on the keys d# F# B" : ) hit enter and you will notice that advanced cleared itself so.
4. Click Advanced again
5. Click CTRL Select>Press the record button>Press "Chan Assign then type 127> then enter. Advance clears again
6. Click Advanced AGAIN err...
7. Click Data 2> enter 06 then the enter button.
8. Click advanced then hit "Store" then Enter
wait a second then hit the record button WALLA

9. The steps are the same for all the other transport controls

For all of the transports you will always enter 149 and 127 in their respective places but for the data 2 you enter the following also you dont have to hit the CTRL select before each entry. I just do it to make sure im editing the right one. But the number to the left will indicate which control your editing.

Loop = 3
Rew = 5
FF = 4
Stop = 1
Play = 2
Record =6

Beware. You may have to do this several times to a control sometimes it just doesnt take (maybe its just my board I dont know. but if it doesnt work click advanced then CTRL assign 149, Chan Assign 127, Data 2 (?) if not do it again and save it....

So get to it then we will do the encoders... DONT hit play until you have programmed STOP..

Now for some encoders

The process as far as what your entering will be the same just different numbers..
So now bring up the mixer in PT 8 and bring up the Xpand2 instrument DONT HURT YOUR BACK.. : )
Now im going to map the 8 Encoders to the 4 Levels and 4 Pans.
For short "Ctrl Select" = CS Chan Assign = CA CTRL Assign= CAS
toggle advanced on I will just type TA

1. Click Advanced>CS> then twist encoder 1 to select it
2. Push CAS type 01 then enter
3. TA>CA>type 01 then enter
4. TA> Store> then Enter.

Now goto the Xpand and right click the level slider and then select "learn Midi" then twist the encoder IT BETTER WORK DAMN IT.. Now that it does.. All you have to do is repeat the above 4 steps just incrementally starting with the bottom left encoder labeled B1

So
B1= CAS 01 and CA 01
B2= CAS 02 and CA 02

the problem people are having with the uploaded template is that 10 is selected as the CAS for 3 encoders and 7 for the other 3.. so when you hit midi learn the three are going to move together. this is cool if you need that ability but who does...
Now as far as saving it in Xpand [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]aphino. I tried the Save as feature with Save Setting as next to Preset and it worked for this particular instance of Xpand but it does not work as a default setup for any future instantiations of Xpand.. but once you save the entire session your good to go on all Xpands loaded.

Just remember to save your preset on the axiom by clicking the advance and then "Store" then "Enter" if you want to save it to different preset slots the just hit Advanced> Store> use increment buttons to move up or down. and hit the "ENTER" key...

A little trick is just copy this to every preset but only change the encoders and leave the transports alone..

Good luck..
Kenny 8