Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 11-24-2010, 03:44 PM

Default Corrupt wav files: all help welcome!

Hi all,
Hoping the gurus can help me with this one: I have a problem with some audio files I've recorded in PT sessions.
When I reload the session, PT tells me that there is a missing/invalid audio file and gives me the option to relink to it. When I take that option it comes up with an assertion in the relink box as follows:
"Assertion in "/Volumes/Development?vb_snow_leopard/AlturaPorts/NewFileLibs/FileFormat?MacBuild/../../FF/Audio?FF_AudioFile.cpp", line 745 (Searching Databases for: Lead vox belle.01_04.wav)" where the last bit is the filename of the missing file.
The file shows up on the hard drive, but it's icon is slightly different from all the other wavs.
No other audio app can open it either, which suggests to me a corrupt header or something of that nature.
Any suggestions, fixes, words of wisdom, etc., gratefully received before the client comes back to mix it!!!
PT 8.0.3, Mac OSX 10.6.4, iMac. The drive is a LaCie d2 Extreme LUN 0.
Thanks in anticipation...
Old 11-24-2010, 04:00 PM

Default Re: Corrupt wav files: all help welcome!

Have you already tried deleting Volume files as outlined in the General Troubleshooting thread? If the .wav is corrupted that won't fix it, but it should fix the assertion error the re-link window is giving you.
Old 11-25-2010, 01:38 AM

Thanks Slim, tried that without success.
I fixed it though: I opened them in Audacity on a PC as raw files, resaved them, and Robert is your proverbial avuncular relative.
Thanks for the reply
Old 11-25-2010, 03:57 AM

Of course, now that I've breathed again and can look my client in the face, the question is: how did this happen? Drive on the way out?
Old 03-07-2011, 01:33 PM

I know this is a bit late, but I had the exact same problem and found a fix on another thread.

Its called Wave Fixer, and its free.
http://www.railjonrogut.com/downloads/WavFixer.dmg.zip

Extremely simple and works in a flash, (after already failing in Audacity and a few other attempts.) I about wet myself.

I have no idea what caused it though. That's actually what brought me here.

Brad
Old 03-07-2011, 01:40 PM

also, my drive is only a couple months old. WD Black, so I hope to god thats not it. Its just screwing up the header, which would make me think its PT.

Another thing I noticed is that out of 6 files this has happened with, across separate sessions, every one of the files was recorded through channel 7 of my 003! Wtf is going on?

I record at 48k and have a digimax lt for ADAT. I've had the 003 for a year and a half. But this is a new problem for me.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwoods1 View Post
I know this is a bit late, but I had the exact same problem and found a fix on another thread.

Extremely simple and works in a flash, (after already failing in Audacity and a few other attempts.) I about wet myself.

I've actually had this problem a lot in the past. What we came up with (according to digi) was that the name of some of the files (or file) was more than 20 characters long (20 or 24, can't remember). Basically what we did was do a Import Session Data to a new session. It works fine because it ends up renaming the bad files. That's a work around too.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwoods1 View Post

Brad
I know this thread is old, but I just wanted to give a HUGE thank you for making this post! For some reason I had some kind of corrupted Wav fies in my session and this little program worked like magic.

This forum ROCKS!
Old 12-16-2015, 10:33 AM

Yep even though thread is old I double the thanks! that app did the trick for me and saved my but on a file that went corrupt on a voiceover for someone who is on vacation now!
Cleveland, OH