Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2002, 01:36 PM

Default Type 2 errors w/vocal comping and MBox

the MBox is a cool little piece, but lately I've bumped into a brickwall and wonder if it's pilot error or just an underpowered system....

Don't laugh...I'm using the MBox with a 2 year old iMac 400mhz, 384MB with no recording drive...

Problem is, when I loop record a vocal multiple vocal takes, and try to comp them, I'm crashing and getting "type2" error messages...

It always seems to happen after I've used the edit function "separate region", and I go to "command" and click to view my multiple separated vocal takes....

I can successfully view my "unseparated" multiple vocal takes, by not my "separated" takes...

I've tried to allot more memory (80,000 K)to PT, but it doesnt seem to help...

Is my system basically underpowered?? Is the MBox as a whole not equipped to handle more advanced editing regardless due to the USB connection...?

any help would be appreciated...

thanks
Old 08-07-2002, 12:49 AM

Default Re: Type 2 errors w/vocal comping and MBox

You have the exact same problem I had about a year ago, unfortunately mine wasn't easy to fix. However, there is some light at the end of the tunnel (maybe)...try this:

Go to Setups>Preferences> then the editing tab(?) and near the bottom you should see three selections for the takes list pop-up (they say something like "Take region Lengths that match" "Take region names that match" and one other, I can't remember). I apologize in advance for my vagueness as I am no where near my PT's rig right now. All three of these items must be checked for this feature to work, and the selection box above these that says "Seperate region applies to all takes" must be checked as well.

Hopefully these are not checked and when you change them it will fix this problem. It has been mentioned before that checking these three boxes works for some people. This bit of info however, did not help me in any way as all of mine were already checked and I still got the error messages. I had to completely reformat my system drive and reinstall all of my Mac OS and software...I'm praying you will not have to do this.

Hope this helps some.

J.