How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2022, 10:18 AM

Default Issues with ProTools, Apollo Twin and Zoom

Hello all,

Trying to troubleshoot an issue I am having with one of my systems. Throughout the pandemic, I was able to record and playback audio from ProTools through the Apollo Twin to Zoom. This was really helpful for clients to listen to playback while live tracking. This setup didn't require me to change back and forth between playback engines or adding additional software. For lack of a better phrase, it just worked.

In the past month, something changed and I can't figure out what it is. I've gone through a few tutorials to confirm that my PT I/O, Apollo settings and Zoom settings are correct, and they appear to be.

I tried configuring the Pro Tools Aggregate I/O to include the Apollo I/O and the Zoom Audio Device, but still no luck with monitoring. I can see that while playing back and tracking in ProTools, audio is being sent to the Apollo Twin. However, whatever is being played back from ProTools, doesn't get sent to Zoom.

I will continue to try to troubleshoot this. So far I've had no luck with configuring or switching the audio engines around even for just doing playback over Zoom. One work around appears to be getting a subscription to Listento, but obviously this isn't free.

Honestly, I am just trying to get back to my prior setup. Did something change in the latest software versions that I might not be aware of?

Here are my software versions below:
MacOS 10.15.7
ProTools - 2021.12.0
Zoom: 5.11.6

Any insights would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.