Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9

Old 12-10-2013, 12:33 PM

Default M-Audio Axiom Pro not working in Pro Tools 9.0.6

My M-Audio AxiomPro 25 is not working in Pro Tools 9.0.6.

The keyboard is connected in one of the front USB's on my Mac Pro 2.66 Quad-Core Intel Xeon. I have set up the keyboard according to the manual (peripherals-midi controllers window in pro tools). But when I launch Pro Tools and open a session, I get a message stating that Pro Tools cannot communicate with the keyboard. Also, the display on the keyboard doesn't change to HyperControl mode.

I have googled the issue quite a lot, but haven't found any answer for this, other than some suggestions that pro tools 9 and axiom pro simply dont work together.

I have installed midi monitor and the monitor is showing that the keyboard works fine there. I have tried changing USB-port, and of course done numerous reboots and tried thrashing pro tools preferences.

I am now getting to the point where I am considering thrashing the entire keyboard, as the issue doesn't seem to be able to solve. Maybe migrating to a novation controller or something, as this keyboard really have been stuffed with pro tools trouble from the beginning.

Are there any way that I can get Pro Tools to recognice the controller, or is this really a lost case?