Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 04-11-2009, 06:55 AM

Default 3 Part Q?

1. No way to assign to midi cc, the filter cutoff knob of the edit 2 screen, of Structure Free? Right clicking has no effect like the smart knobs.

2. I'm wondering why Xpand2 won't play notes well from the Yamaha DD-55, but just fine from a keyboard. If I do a percussion take, I only get sound about once every 3 seconds or so. Almost like it is choking up. The midi track captures all the notes fine from either controller. Playback from a midi track works fine. The midi filter is set to notes only. The dd50 sync setting makes no diff. It's only hooked up as a controller input. If Strike is in the place of Xpand2, it plays nice from the Yamaha. Ideas anyone?

3. Where might one find toy piano samples?

Bonus round: The midi node indicator's bottom half is covered by the top of the main screen of Strike, always. Hard to tell which instance I'm seeing. It does it with Structure Free, but when I click another plug, then click back to Structure Free, I then can read what midi node it is, clearly just like it's whole screen has been refreshed. Strike won't clear up like that. Probably just a screen draw issue?

Thanks for ideas on these.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:50 PM

Default Re: 3 Part Q?

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicalavtech View Post
1. No way to assign to midi cc, the filter cutoff knob of the edit 2 screen, of Structure Free? Right clicking has no effect like the smart knobs.

2. I'm wondering why Xpand2 won't play notes well from the Yamaha DD-55, but just fine from a keyboard. If I do a percussion take, I only get sound about once every 3 seconds or so. Almost like it is choking up. The midi track captures all the notes fine from either controller. Playback from a midi track works fine. The midi filter is set to notes only. The dd50 sync setting makes no diff. It's only hooked up as a controller input. If Strike is in the place of Xpand2, it plays nice from the Yamaha. Ideas anyone?

3. Where might one find toy piano samples?

Bonus round: The midi node indicator's bottom half is covered by the top of the main screen of Strike, always. Hard to tell which instance I'm seeing. It does it with Structure Free, but when I click another plug, then click back to Structure Free, I then can read what midi node it is, clearly just like it's whole screen has been refreshed. Strike won't clear up like that. Probably just a screen draw issue?

Thanks for ideas on these.
2. If you go into the MIDI event editor you may find that all the notes are double triggered.

3. Interestingly enough we're about to post some toy sounds on the blog.

Founder of the Expert Sites.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussUK View Post
2. If you go into the MIDI event editor you may find that all the notes are double triggered.

3. Interestingly enough we're about to post some toy sounds on the blog.
I wish it was that ez, but no double notes. Good to hear about the toy sounds.
Old 04-12-2009, 05:05 PM

Quote:
You can't do this in the Editor Window with Structure, Greg, that's the full edition.
Quote:
Bonus round: The midi node indicator's bottom half is covered by the top of the main screen of Strike, always. Hard to tell which instance I'm seeing.
A workaround that I use for quick Node ID is naming the track - Strike N1, Strike N2.

filosofem
Old 04-12-2009, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filosofem View Post
You can't do this in the Editor Window with Structure, Greg, that's the full edition.

filosofem
Ah yes...the price we pay for "free". Good thing there's usually a workaround.
Thanks.