Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2003, 10:08 PM

Default Authorizing Plug-ins

I just upgraded to XP and 5.3.1. Everyting seems to be working fine, except: ProTools demands a plug-in authorizing way too often. No more than once a day, but rarely less than 3 days apart... This goes for my AmpFarm, Bruno/Reso, Focusrite d2/d3 and DPP1. There is no multiple user setup on the computer, and no logon procedure defined (boots straight up). Although the plug-ins are authorizen "without using a count", this is really annoying. Any thoughts?
Old 04-02-2003, 10:35 AM

Default Re: Authorizing Plug-ins

I'm running PT HD2 v5.3.3 on WinXP and have encountered repeated requests for 'reauthorization', which occurs without a count. Even though I have my license keys stored on my system boot drive, the re-authorization seems to be triggered every time I swap audio drives (SCSI).

With Waves (Ren I&II), I have had to re-install and re-authorize twice (using the same challenge/response). I had to un-install/re-install Waves v4.0 RenMaxx because after reauthorization, the system reported that the RenII plugins 'could not be found in the plugins folder' in spite of the fact that they existed there.

Hopefully these issues will be resolved once iLok replaces floppy and hard disk licensing.