Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2004, 04:46 PM

Default Bomb Factory LA-2A and Bomb Factory 1176

Hi

Can anyone help me. I've recently upgraded my whole system to OSX from OS9.
Everything (touch wood) has gone smoothly so far apart from one thing. I can't get an upgrade for the LA2 OR the 1176 for my HD 2 rig.

Despite some very nice emails from digisdesign telling me they're dealing with situation as best they can. I've no luck with getting these running. It's a real pain in the ass as they have become a main ingredient in our studio and I've not had the use of them for over 2 weeks now.

Any advice or help would be much apprecieated.

Anton

Indirect Music

G4 QS 800
HD2 - 6.2
SCSI - 60gb
OSX 10.2.8
Old 02-14-2004, 05:07 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Bomb Factory LA-2A and Bomb Factory 1176

If these are the Bomb Factory Classic Compressors LA-2A & 1176 included with early HDpacks, the free updates for Mac OS X are still available on the Bomb Factory website. Instructions here:
http://www.digidesign.com/download/hdpack/
Old 02-14-2004, 10:09 PM

"t's a real pain in the ass as they have become a main ingredient in our studio and I've not had the use of them for over 2 weeks now."

Just another reason why hardware rules
Old 02-15-2004, 01:40 PM

I also have a HD 2 system Version 1. I would also like the Classic compressors update.

On the Digidesign site it says you need Version 3.10...but the Bombfacory site says for version 1 & 2 HD owners it's a paid upgrade and re-authorization. There is no 3.10 available on their download section.

Is there a free update available or do we have to pay for an upgrade?

Myshell
Old 02-15-2004, 01:53 PM
Administrator

The current version for HD on the Bomb Factory site is 3.7. All HD v3.x versions, including that one, should key off of the HDpack authorization you have. Just download the latest version for HD and it should recognize your iLok authorization.

There is a paid upgrade for MIXpack owners of the Classic Compressors to go to the HD version, which is available directly from Digidesign Customer Serivce Administration.

But it's a free update for HDpack owners to go from the OS 9 version to the OS X version, including the most recent version.

(I should modify our HDpack OS X Update page with that information, but in a few weeks we will have all of the Bomb Factory downloads on our website when the transition is completed)
Old 02-15-2004, 02:07 PM

Thank you for the quick response. I'll try it right now!

Thanks,

Myshell
Old 02-15-2004, 02:45 PM

Thanks for your reply. The problem is that there isn't anyone in at BF anymore. I've followed the procedure 4 times and never had an email back. I've spoken to digi uk and they say "keep an eye on our website" but I really can't go on any longer not having such a high end plug in available anymore.

Any further advice?

And boy oh boy don't I know this is why hardware rules!
Old 02-15-2004, 03:01 PM
Administrator

I don't understand why you cannot download these.

I just tested it myself, and it took less than 100 seconds to go their website, click on downloads, then demos/updates, put in my email address, and click submit, and receive the automatic email with the link back to access all downloads.

I am viewing all of the downloads in under 2 minutes.

If that doesn't work for you then you need to try a different email address. Their system will not allow Hotmail or Yahoo accounts, but I don't know what other accounts if any that are considered anonymous are also not allowed.

Most Internet Service Providers provide an email address, whether you use it or not. I pay $4.99 a month for unlimited internet access and the included email account at Access4Less, and I have no problem getting through to the Bomb Factory downloads.
Old 02-15-2004, 03:20 PM
Administrator

Anton, I realize that there may not be as many cheap internet access accounts in the UK, so I will see if I can't come up with an interim solution for you in the meantime. If I can, I'll contact you directly offline.

Also, since the demo versions are the same as the full versions for all Bomb Factory plugs, it is very possible that the "demo" CD available on their webstore for $15 with trial versions of all 20+ plug-ins has the same downloads. But since it costs an additional $30 to ship it to the UK, I wouldn't recommend that route.
Old 02-15-2004, 04:26 PM

You're a star!

For some reason it wasn't accepting my company domain email. I tried my other account and bingo!
Thanks for the advice.

Anton