Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2003, 12:21 PM

Default How to hear other editing prog. w/PT sound card?

I'm sure that this topic has been covered somewhere in the DUC, but I am having trouble finding it. If someone has a thread to give me that would be great, or if you could briefly tell me how to do this operation.
I want to be able to edit and play back waveforms in Cool Edit Pro and or Sound Forge using my 001 sound card. Do I need a seperate sound card or can I hear it through the 001 sound card? I thought that having a seperate card is bad. Is this true and how do I get around this?

Thanks,
Stormy
Old 09-11-2003, 12:44 PM

Default Re: How to hear other editing prog. w/PT sound card?

You can have another sound card as long as it is assigned properly to your different programs or applications.

You can also download the digi asio drive and it will work with other audio programs/applications using 001. In your installation disk you will find another driver which is digi's wave driver.

I have the wave driver on my machine and I can listen to cd's, real and window media player using 001.

I do my edits on another computer with wavelab, so I have no conflicts/problems with pro tools, 001 and other audio apps.

I am pretty sure digi asio will work with either SF or CE on the same computer with PRO TOOLS if you configure and assing drivers to your apps correctly.